29. Fly

You glared over at the raven-haired boy. "No, I promised her that I wouldn't". He scoffs and walks up to you, firmly grabbing your shoulders. "Idiot, look at me". You meet his gaze, only now noticing how serious he was being. "This is the only way, just do it". You bite your lip as you avert your gaze. Was it worth it? Your face falls. "You're scared", Kuro mutters quietly, releasing you. You give a hesitant nod. Take a step back you grit your teeth, focusing on your back. "Now take deep breaths, it'll all be over soon". In and out, in and out. You could feel the pressure against your skin as the bones begged to be released. Your right shoulder blade burst, sending pain shooting through your body. You fell to your knees, panting as you tried to regain your breath. The pain was unbearable, so much so that you felt like screaming while the entirety of the bone exited your body. You pulled your hoodie from around your waist and bit down on it to muffle your cries. Your hands curled into fists as the second attempted to get out, eventually ripping through the skin. With both out you puffed, cringing at the feeling of a warm red liquid pooling around you. Kuro kneels beside you, a calm expression on his face. "Are you alright?". You give a slow nod, getting used to the feeling of your wings out once again. "How long has it been?", Kuro asks, look over your shoulder at the tucked in black wings which dripped with blood. You finally managed to calm yourself down. "The last time was last year when father held his meeting". You remembered the day well, it was the first time you were allowed to leave the house. The only time you ever would be allowed to was when your father held a meeting. He liked you to show off your wings to the other villains to show them that he captured the famous hero; Lady Angel. You remembered sitting beside your father as he spoke to the other villains, discussing their plans. He wasn't apart of any groups but he liked to see what the others were up to, he said he found it interesting. 

A minute or so of kneeling later you finally mustered up the strength to stand. You slouched a little but was eventually able to stand up straight, stretching out the muscles in your back as they regenerated. Once everything was healed you felt a lot better, now having the courage to stretch out your wings. "Can you control them?", Kuro asks, stroking the dark feathers. You bit your lip. "I can control them but I've never flown before". He sighs and watches as your wings spread out, showing off the impressive wingspan. Kuro gave you a satisfied smile. "Now it's time to practice".

You found yourself at the top of the tallest tree in the forest, clinging to the trunk with Kuro sitting on the branch beside you. "I-I don't think this is a good idea", you mutter, trying not to look down. Kuro chuckles, standing up on the branch. He offers you his hand which you happily take. "I'm scared that'll fall". He shrugs his shoulder, suddenly disappearing. "Well, that's too bad". Since you were using Kuro to support most of your weight you fell out of the tree, hurtling towards the ground. You closed your eyes tightly, opening them only when you heard a familiar chuckle. Kuro was mid-air with you, falling with his hands in his pockets. "What a pathetic death it would be, I can imagine the headline. Girl dies from falling out of a tree in the middle of the night, I thought you were strong, I guess I'm not as observant as I thought". His words seemed to send a surge of anger through you making your wings open, allowing you to gently glide to the forest floor.

Your eyes widen as your wings retract to their resting position. Kuro appears in front of you, smirking widely. "You did it, now do you wanna give flying a try?". You nod and open your wings, giving them one strong flap to get yourself off of the ground. It takes you up and after several more strong flaps, you find yourself very high, to the point where you're above all of the trees. You lessen your force and guide yourself over to a tree, landing on top of it. Kuro appears beside you, looking out in the direction of your old house. "It'st that way, I'll guide you if you need help". You nod and open your wings, jumping from the branch. You glide for a few seconds before you began to flap your wings, getting closer to the place you used to call home.

I started to write this in class but didn't have time to finish it. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying reading it. I've been really into the manga lately, man is it good! I was kinda annoyed while waiting for episodes of the anime to come out so I decided to just read the whole thing I mean the anime started when they were getting to the part they're airing right now. There's so much to read! Anyway, vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD