26. The music room

You slide the door of the room open and poked your head inside, noticing a very large, dusty piano in the corner of the room. "Ah yes, the old music room", a voice startles you. You turn around only to see a mouse-like creature with a scar over its eye, wearing a suit. You kneel down to its height. "I'm sorry, I don't think we've met, sir". He chuckles and offers you his paw to shake. "I'm the principal of U.A, just call me principal Nezu". You nod, pulling your hand away from him after you shook his paw. Your eyes drift back into the room, he notices this. "Do you have an interest in music, Miss Takeyama?". "Yes, and may I ask how you know my name?". He chuckles once more as he straightens out his tie. "Of course I know your name, you scored the highest out of all the students taking the entrance exam not only in the written part but the practical part too. You're a very talented young woman". You nod your head in graditude. "Thank you very much, Principal Nezu". He smiles at you, letting his tail sway behind him. "You're more than welcome to use the music room during your free periods, I unerstand that you're more independant than the other students". "Thank you". He waves his paw as he starts to walk away. "It's fine, put that piano to good use. It hasn't been played in a while".

You were left standing in the empty doorway of the old music room. The feeling of a hand on your shoulder startles you, causing you to jump forward. An amused chuckle echoes throughout the room as Kuro appears, closing the door. "Looks like we found a place to hang out, what a good little mouse". You send him a glare. "You shouldn't speak about the principal that way, Kuro. Since he's in charge of U.A he must be very strong and intelligent". The raven-haired boy held his hands up to surrender as he backed away from you, heading towards the piano. "It's quite beautiful, reminds me of the one at your old house". You nod and approach the grand instrument, brushing some of the dust off with your finger. Kuro pulled the stool out and placed it in front of the keys as he pushed the wooden cover up. He lightly patted the leather stool with a genuine smile on his face. "Come on, why don't you try it out?". You gave in, taking a seat as you rest your fingers on the keys. It sent memories shooting through your mind, both good and bad. Like the time where you sat on the couch, watching your father play. The piano had fascinated you as you grew up and your father was the one to teach you.

"Whenever you feel sad or lonely you can always come back to the piano and release your pent-up emotions through the keys, that's what your dad used to say, right?", Kuro asks. You gave a slow nod and pressed one of the keys, letting the familiar sound calm you. It was very relaxing hearing it all again. "Why don't you play something?". You nod and adjust your posture, pressing down the keys to release beautiful music.

Your fingers wandered the keys, knowing exactly where to go to complete the song. Your eyes closed as a small smile graced your lips, oh how you missed this. You played the last note of the song and opened your eyes. You spun around on your stool, your eyes widening at the sight of ten shadow spirits sitting on the ground in front of you. Kuro chuckled and placed his hands on your shoulders to calm you down. "It's alright, they've just come to listen". You nod and let your eyes wander across the midnight creatures. Even though the room was fully lit their eyes still glowed. "Why have they come? I thought they only came when I felt strong emotion". He nods and pushes you to the side so he can sit on the other side of the stool. "They also seem to be drawn to your music, why don't you play a little more for them?". You nod and place on hand on the keys, looking over your shoulder at the shadows. You gestured then over, making them stand and gather around the piano. "Would you like me to play?", you ask one that had stood right beside you. It gave a small nod, it's glowing eyes meeting yours. You happily obliged and rested both hands on the keys beginning to play again. At the sound of the music their eyes became half-lidded and they began to gently sway.

*RING*
The bell suddenly went. You turned to look at the shadow spirits but they had all disappeared. "They've been scared off, sure music calms them and gives you a small amount of control but you know that this isn't the full extent of your father's quirk, right?". You nod. "There is much more that I need to learn but without father's help I'm unsure I'll be able to master it". Kuro smirks widely as he grabs your hand. "I know a way you can learn how to control your quirk and master it, maybe even better than your father". You turned to him, a desperate expression on your face "How?". "There's a book in your father's study which should give you all of the answers you need". Your eyes widen. "How am I going to get it? Don't be ridiculous, Kuro". The raven-haired boy chuckles. "I'm not joking, (Y/n). We're going back and we're doing it tonight".

If you didn't know this, I love the piano. I used to take lessons when I was younger but I'm not really the musical type so I didn't have the motivation to practice. I do love music but I prefer to listen then to create. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD