37. Shadow quirks

"How?", you ask, sounding desperate. He places the book on the ground and grabs your hands, holding them in between the two of you. "I'm not sure if you'll be able to do it because your father can't but I know that your grandmother could". "What is it?", you press. He adjusts your hands, shaping them as if you're holding a ball within them. "There is a part of your quirk which involves a large amount of concentration and a lot of hard work. The sphere in the picture is actually made of shadow threads which have been weaved into a ball. These can either be used as a sort of grenade or used to bind other shadow spirits to yourself for you to control". You raise an eyebrow. "Other shadow spirits? Like the ten father gave me?". He shakes his head. "No, the shadow spirits of other people. The ball explodes due to it wanting to be a solid mass again, using pressure to push inwards but since it's made of threads it combusts, causing an explosion. Do you get it?". You nod. "But how does it connect to other shadow spirits?". Kuro runs his fingers through his hair as he sighs. "Damn you ask way too many questions. Anyway, the explosion throws the threads outwards, latching onto any shadow spirit that it can, this increases your range since your attached shadow strings can only reach 10 meters when not attached to anything. If they are attached to a shadow I think you could go a couple of kilometres before they would stop". You stare at your hands, trying to look over all of the new information. "And so what are you doing with my hands? Does it have something to do with the shadow balls?". He nods. "This is generally how one is created but you have to learn how to make threads before you can start that". You give an understanding nod as you watch Kuro retract his hands. The bell suddenly rings, startling you. "You should head to class now, we'll practice the shadow threads later". You get up and leave the music, tucking the notebook back into your bag.

Timeskip

"Damn, President Mic talks for ages", Kaminari sweatdrops as your all leave your English class. Some of the other students groaned in agreement, you felt the same way too, that man was way too loud for his own good. "Where are we heading to now?", Yaoyorozu asks, looking at the time on her phone. Iida looks down at the classes timetable and then chops his hand in the direction of Aizawa-sensei's classroom. "We're back in our original class, alright everyone let's go!", he announces, leading us all back to class. You dropped back to the back of the group, accidentally brushing shoulders with someone. You turn your head to the side, meeting the red eyes of the boy with a birds head, Tokoyami. You bow your head lightly. "My apologies", you say. His eyes linger on your for a second before he nods his head. "It's fine". "You know that you really should make friends with that boy, he'd be a good ally", Kuro whispers in your ear. You subtly look over at him as he walks by your side. "Why is that?". You can hear him snickering. "I thought you were taking note of your class members quirks, but it seems that you overlooked one of them". You bite your lip in annoyance, badly wanting Kuro to just spit out the important parts instead of leading you around. "What's his quirk?". "I'll tell you in class, just hold on until then".

You enter the classroom last and close the door behind you. Aizawa greets you with a nod, watching you as you make your way to your desk. He continues to sit and talk about something but you seemed to zone out as Kuro began whispering in your ear. "The boy's name is Tokoyami Fumikage and his quirk is called dark shadow, its one of those quirks I told you about before school started. There are people like you who can control all shadows and others who can only control their own or at least try to, he doesn't seem like he has good control of it in the dark though". You give a slow nod and focus on your teacher as he begins talking about everything that will happen throughout our first year of U.A. You can hear the quiet murmuring of Midoriya as he scribbles down everything your Sensei says into a notebook.

"And that's basically it, are there any questions?", Aizawa asks lazily. Iida's hand immediately shoots up. "I have a question, Sensei". "Alright, go ahead". The navy blue-haired boy clears his throat and straightens his tie before speaking again. "When is it that we'll be heading to the rescue centre, the one you referred to as the USJ?". The dry-eyed man sighed and leant back in his seat, tilting his head back as he dripped eye drops into his dark eyes. "The day after tomorrow you'll be going there with the hero Thirteen, All Might and myself, now are there any other questions?". The bell suddenly rings. "Since there are no more questions you're all free to go home". The class all nods and stands up, getting ready to leave school.

School day complete... but I'm gonna continue writing because I love this story so much. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD