46. Become a hero

You walked over to the booth where the boys sat, placing your two plates down. The four watched you with wide eyes but only one was brave enough to question you. "Why did you buy two pieces of cake?", Bakugou asks as you dig your fork into the first piece. "There were two that I wanted and I couldn't choose so I just got both". Kaminari took a sip of his drink through the straw, letting out a loud slurping noise. "Is there something wrong with that?", you ask, tilting your head to the side. Sero, Kaminari and Kirishima all shook their heads. "N-no, nothing like that. We just thought that girls diet and always watch their weight, stuff like that", Kirishima explains, rubbing the back of his neck. You shrug your shoulders and take a bite. "I understand if you're wanting the ideal female body but I train every night so I don't have to deprive myself of the things I enjoy just to be physically capable". "Wow, I never thought about it like that", Sero mumbled, leaning his cheek in the palm of his hand.

They didn't really seem to be bothered with you eating two slices of cake any more now that they had a reason behind it, so no one made any more comments about it. You all finished your food and were only left with drinks as the five of you talked. You were sitting next to Kaminari who was next to Sero, then Bakugou and finally Kirishima. You took a sip of your drink and lent back in your seat, watching as Kaminari showed off his quirk. It wasn't much at the moment, just a little bit of electricity between his fingers. Then the idiot got a bright idea. He turned towards you and touched your sides with his fingers, giving you a shock. And that was when an unfamiliar sound came out of your mouth.

All eyes were now on you, what was it that you had just done? You weren't even sure. "(Y/n)?", Kirishima asks. You turn towards the spiky-haired boy, just as confused as he was. "Did you just laugh?". Your eyes widened. "I-I uh I don't know". Kaminari smirked and went for your sides again. "Well then, we'll just have to find out". Without warning, your sides were attacked sending you into a fit of giggles and snorts. You tried to move away from him but you were laughing too hard. "I didn't think you'd be ticklish", he laughed, moving to your underarms. You couldn't stop laughing and ended up falling out of the booth and onto the ground. You sat up and looked up at the boys, starting to laugh again as they joined in.

You eventually get back up and sit back in your seat, tired out from laughing but smiling due to the laughter stretching out your cheeks. "I don't think I'd ever seen you laugh before", Sero chuckles. Rather than getting another laugh from you, your face fell. You looked down at your lap sadly. "That's because that was the first time". "What do you mean?", Kaminari asks, moving closer to you. "I grew up with all my emotions, living life like a normal child, not having a care in the world. But then I got a taste of how my world really was, I saw the pain and suffering that was happening under the same roof I called home. That's when I realized that my life wasn't like any others, I learnt that I had to protect the ones I care about get rid of my emotions in order to grow stronger".

All was silent, no one dared to speak, unsure of how to respond. You stand from your seat and bow to the boys. "I appreciate your company and friendship, even though temporary it still means a lot to me. It's hard to find people who can make you laugh and smile when your emotions have been pushed aside and discarded. I do not regret coming to U.A, not only to join the hero course but meeting you all as well. And in due time you will understand everything and when it is my time, I'll be leaving you". You stand up and turn around to leave only to have someone catch your wrist.

You look back to see Kirishima holding you. "What do you mean? Leaving? Where are you going?". You smile sadly at him, your gaze dropping to the floor. "You'll get it soon, Kirishima, I can promise you that". His grip loosened and so you took the opportunity to pull your self from his grasp. You walked towards the door and waved to them before leaving, letting out a loud sigh once you were out of their sight.

"It was a hard thing to do, but you did it well". You didn't even bother to look up at Kuro when he appeared by your side. "What do you mean?", you ask in confusion. "Well, you were letting them go, weren't you? You couldn't grow attachments since your father will eventually come for you and you told them that you would no longer be able to be in their company". You shook your head, your hands shoved deep into the pockets of your school skirt. "No, that's not it. I explained that everything will make sense, so I told them that there was more to the story then what they knew but only in time will they know everything. I appreciate them inviting me out and making me laugh and smile, I really do...".

Kuro chuckles, petting your head lightly. "And what?". "I-I-I don't want them getting hurt because of me". Tears threatened to spill from your eyes as an overwhelming amount of emotion hit you like a wave. You were able to hold a majority of the tears away but a few slipped out, rolling down your cheeks and dripping off your chin. Kuro stopped you, pushing you into an alleyway. He trapped your head in between his arms, a serious expression on his face. "Stop thinking like that", he ordered. Your eyes widened. "W-wh-". "Stop it! You will train and you will get stronger! Not only to protect your mother but all of your friends too, I won't have you acting all weak and useless now!", he yelled. His raised voice seemed to trigger your emotions even more, letting the reserves of tears stain your cheeks. Without hesitation, you hugged the shadow boy, your face hidden in his chest as you quietly wept. "I don't want him to take me away, Kuro, I want to go to school and be with all of my friends". He sighs and hugs you back. "Stop being so afraid, I don't feel like I know who you are any more". "I don't want him to hurt mother, I don't want him to take her away". He pulled away and placed both his cold hands on your cheeks, staring you directly in the eyes. "Then become a hero and save them".

Idk if its just the sad music I'm playing but I'm crying lol. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying this as much as I am writing it. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD