Chapter 26: Return Trip

Additional Note: I know this chapter is comparatively short, and broken into three shorter more awkward chunks, and that might not be popular. I decided this was a... decent(?) format considering I'm wrapping up a major story arc. Skip all the boring, and jump right to what you want to see. I finally wrapped up some character arcs, and I'm looking forward to where it'll go next.

Chapter 26: Return Trip

With help from Zossie's wormhole manipulator, the Pokemon Trainers from another world made record time through Ultra Space with Lunala and Solgaleo. Along the way, the group returned to each of the worlds they had explored on their way. At each of the worlds, Zossie attempted to make amends with the Pokemon the Recon Squad had previously imprisoned. Eventually the second to last of the portals opened, into the world they had named Ultra Deep Sea.

"It's beautiful here!" exclaimed Lillie. She delicately approached the coral-like forms stretching from the cavern floor up into air. Polyp circlets sporadically hosted large soft bulges, like baking dough. "So wonderful. Do you know which Pokemon lives in this environment?"

Kira and Kaladin grimaced, looking to each other to see who would answer Lillie's question. "This is the world where Nihilego come from," began Kira, "This was the first world we visited when searching for you. We'd understand if you'd rather skip this one over and just go home."

The blonde stared down blankly for a moment, considering her options. "No, no... I'll be fine, thank you." Lillie wrung her hands nervously. "I want to see more of what this world has to offer, and I'm glad you are all here with me." Ryanne reassuringly rubbed Lillie's shoulder. "Part of me was thinking, that if I met another Nihilego, I might try to catch one. Raise it with love this time, unlike my mother."

"What if you had one waiting for you when you got home?" Ryanne proposed.

Watching Lillie's expression evolve as she caught on was priceless. "No... you wouldn't. Would you? Did you? You did! Oh my goodness, thank you!" The Trial Captain flung her arms around Ryanne for an excited embrace.

"I had the same idea as you. I'm glad you're not mad. I named them 'Cnida', if you don't mind."

Lillie beamed as she released the hug "It's perfect!"

———

Above the artificial island of Aether Paradise, the air rippled before splitting open with the combined strength of three Ultra Wormholes. Sirens around the research facility blared and Aether Paradise staff swarmed to defend the sanctuary. Gladion pushed through his guards alongside his faithful companion, Silvally. "Let me through, let me through," he called as he raced to reach the front. The wormholes undulated before vomiting out the combined masses of Lunala, Solgaleo, and seven figures. "Everyone back up! Give them room!" Gladion pressed his fingers to his temples, "seriously, we trained for this..."

"Brother!?!"

Gladion's eyes widened as he stared at the visage of his sister. "Lillie!" He exclaimed as he ran to embrace her. Time stood still as the six Trainers enjoyed the reunion of the two siblings. Waiting at the door stood Wicke, weeping with joy, as Aether Foundation employees cleared a path for the group to enter into the great sanctuary.

———

Boat planes sponsored by the funding of the Aether Foundation awaited at the docks of Konikoni City.

"Are you sure you can't stay longer?" Ryanne asked disappointingly. "You're welcome to visit as long as you'd like!"

Kaladin stood with Lilith and Zossie in front of one boat plane, while Paul and Kira each had their own. "Sorry Ryanne, but I need to get your niece home AND beginning training my apprentice."

"I'm heading back to Kalos" Paul said, "but maybe I'll come back in a few months."

Kira looked pleadingly, "You could always come back with me to Johto... There's a big contest scheduled in about a month, I'd love it if you could join me."

"You know what, I think I'll try to make it for that. Count me in!"

The Trainers went their separate ways, and Ryanne turned to stroll down the street. A block down the cobblestone way, stood a business she knew well: a restaurant with a Tsareena mascot and a wonderful green-haired hostess.

Ryanne opened the door to a gasp and a sudden slipping of plates as she was tackled by Mallow. "Omigosh! I'm so glad that you're home!"

Home... she was home.

As the journey continues...