Chapter 79: Apotheosis

Previously on Pokémon Evolution:

"I need a new body. You'll help me build a new one. Once I have enough power back, I will bring your beloved Sylveon back to you."

———

"All four Tapus are fighting right now, yet we're affected by none of their abilities. In addition to controlling the four Tapus, Necrozma is absorbing their energy, the very essence they use to protect and influence the islands."

———

Kira picked both balls up, showing Fleet. "I recognize these. This is Darkrai's ball, and the other is..." Kira swallowed a lump in her throat as she held both Pokéballs close to her chest in comfort.

"After this is over, we'll give her Kyu a proper burial," he whispered, placing a gentle hand on Kira's shoulder.

———

"No time for chit-chat," Ryanne replied curtly, "Necrozma knows we're here... And their plan is almost complete."

Pokémon Evolution

Chapter 79 - Apotheosis

As the quartet of Trainers made their way through the dilapidated mansion, it became obvious that like, Ula'ula Island and Po Town proper, the Shady House was abandoned. Uninhabited for months and left in shambles, the walls and ceiling of the Shady House were stained by mold and blanketed in dust. Rotting wood made footing weak, requiring them to move with caution.

"Were the four Island Guardians the only security Necrozma had?" Fleet asked, unimpressed.

"When you control four of the strongest Pokémon in the region, you're holding a human hostage, and you defeated the region's Champion, I'm pretty sure reputation alone is enough to scare away any competitors," Ryanne replied, a look of determination on her face.

Kira frowned, "Does that make us courageous or stupid?"

With a chuckle, Ryan gently pat her shoulder. "I'd say a little of both."

Reaching the makeshift balcony out of the upper level onto the roof, Necrozma hovered over the building, parasitically connected to this world's Ryanne, the one the rag tag rescue party nicknamed 'Gamma'.

Like 'Ryanne Prime' and Kira had seen with Solgaleo and Lunala, Necrozma had engulfed theirself around 'Ryanne Gamma'. A jet black crystalline carapace encased the possessed Trainer's chest, obsidian gauntlets swallowing her arms, and spindly beams of ebony gem framed the sides of her legs. A triangular visor rested over her eyes, prismatic lights within observing the intruders to Necrozma's realm.

"So... there's more than one of you." Necrozma's telepathic voice exited Ryanne Gamma's mouth, a pained gasping slipping in-between the Prism Pokémon's sardonic tone of voice. "And here we thought we found the only Faewander we needed to control, but there's three of you? This will be... delicious."

Ryanne Prime and Ryan scowled, already reaching for their Pokéballs. Kira and Fleet stepped before them, balls in hand and prepared to throw down.

"You're not laying a claw on my darling!" Kira shouted defiantly.

Extending both hands before them, Necrozma sadistically laughed. "You worms have no say in the matter! Photon Geyser!" Scarlet energy beams fired out from Necrozma's palms, blasting tiles off the roof as the beams seared towards them.

"Jet!"

"Hoid!"

In two bursts of light, Kira summoned forth Jet, her Houndoom, and Fleet called out his Ludicolo. The powerful psionic beams struck both Pokémon, being completely neutralized against Jet's Dark-typing and resisted by Hoid's bulky defenses.