Chapter 67: Paradigm

"Ok Silky, use Flamethrower!" Kira ordered, her graceful Dragonair responding by exhaling a narrow jet of fire.

Sim leapt out of the way just in time, dodging the blaze. Touching down with their front legs first, the Silvally griped the grassy earth with their talons, their body pivoting on the point like a handbrake turn. Glancing with one eye towards their Trainer, the chimeric Pokémon received all the praise they needed, a satisfied smile on Ryanne's face.

"Again Silky," Kira reordered, "Aim low this time." The cobalt blue wyrm repositioned her head with a fluid backwards roll, expelling another Flamethrower, this time along the ground.

The plush grass just below the blaze burning from the technique's heat, Ryanne's Silvally leaped over the flaming stream like a jumprope. Pivoting again midair, Sim kicked up dirt with their feline hind legs on landing, sending a thick cloud of dust towards Kira's Dragonair. Sim peeked at Ryanne's satisfied smile yet again, a grin beginning to span their own face too.

"Sim, our turn to retaliate. Use Iron Head!" The Silvally growled with delight to Ryanne's direction, their large, pluming crest shimmering with silver light. Sim's chimeric legs charged across down the trail of smoldering grass, lowering the head to slam into Silky.

"Quick, use Wrap!" shouted Kira. Silky responded faster than Sim could react, coiling around the Silvally's midsection with their long, elegant body. Kira smirked as the quadrupedal Pokémon squirmed in her Dragon-type's grasp. "Now, Brutal Swing!"

Their four meter-long body gaining speed as it whirled, Silky whipped their tail with tremendous force, hurling their captive head first towards a patch of nearby trees. Sim fruitlessly flailed to claw at the ground, their form moving too quickly to gain traction. Unable to stop, the Silvally tucked their own head, tail, and limbs in, slamming into the thin trunk of a holly oak tree.

Grunting in pain, the Silvally slowly lifted themself to their feet, only to stumble halfway standing up. At that moment, the weakened holly oak expelled a groan as the trunk split at the point of impact, the canopy collapsing over the Synthetic Pokémon's back.

Ryanne waved her arms, signaling to stop the mock battle. "Sim! Are you alright?" The Trainer yelped with concern as she rushed to her Pokémon's aid. Sim lay in a state of near exhaustion under the broken evergreen, unable to continue their training for now.

"That was quite an impact! Maybe you should check them for fractures before you return them to their ball?" Kira suggested as she walked up next to Ryanne.

"I will in a sec. Help me with this?" The two Trainers struggled for a moment to drag the fallen tree off Sim before simultaneously concluding that they couldn't move it. Reaching at her messenger bag's side, Ryanne produced a well-worn Pokéball. "Sherwood, I need your help!"

Ryanne's Sceptile poured from the containment sphere, looking over the situation before raising her powerful claws. The blades on her wrists glowing a bright teal color, Sherwood bisected the foliage with a powerful Dual Chop. Aiding the Trainers in removing the debris, the Sceptile looked from her injured teammate to her Trainer and back. Ryanne looked worried sick.

Raising the end of her tail to her hooked mouth, Sherwood played a melodious Grass Whistle, lulling the Sim to sleep.

"Good idea Sherwood," Ryanne complemented, stroking her Sceptile's chin before gingerly pressing around the darkening flesh of her Silvally's bruised shoulder. Feeling nothing out of the ordinary around the chimera Pokémon's rotator cuff, the auburn-haired Trainer gently stroked Sim's shaggy mane of white fur. "Nice work buddy, take a rest." Tapping Simulacrum's Pokéball, Ryanne returned her injured friend before bracing a hand on Sherwood's sturdy hip to lift herself from the ground. A tap of Sherwood's ball returned her too.