Chapter 46: A Day at the Beach Part 1 (Collab with MoFlame)

This chapter and Chapter 47 were written in collaboration with the absolutely wonderful MoFlame. Not only did we cowrite these two chapters, but they are also on her Profile as part of her 'Pokémon Mini-Series' https://www.wattpad.com/story/132051875-pokemon-mini-series 

Hey! Did you know I created characters for MoFlame's "Bizarre Adventures of a Half-Elf" series? You can meet Vayreni and Cka'a on her profile (page? channel? library? IDK) or by checking out my "'Bizarre Adventures' spin-off stories"! Now, on with the show!

PKMN Evolution Chapter 46: A Day at the Beach (Part 1)

 "I don't know about this swimsuit you guys picked" Ryanne called from within the changing tent, "I feel kind of... exposed."

"Don't be silly!" Kira reassured, "It's the most modest swimsuit the store had in your size. Unless you want to wear a t-shirt and trunks like Fleet, that's the most self-effacing thing we've got for you."

"Uh-ok, I guess this is fine. Here I come!" Ryanne stepped out of the changing tent, partially obscuring her reddened face with her hair. Clothed in black swim skirt and a pink-and-navy-striped tankini top, the Trainer took a step back, dropping the auburn veil to grab her floppy sun hat atop her bag. Affixing the white-and-black-striped headwear, Ryanne looked to her friends for their reactions.

Kira bounced on her toes and fancy-clapped her hands excitedly. "You look great!' She beamed. Ryanne was almost taken aback to find the Coordinator had dressed into much less modest swim attire. She had brought a dark grey bikini with a strapless bandeau top that showed off much of her lightly tanned skin. To cover up at least somewhat, she sported a bronze swim sarong around her waist that matched her goggles. A small anklet with a pokeball charm dangled from one leg. "You can finally show off your figure! Not that your Showcase dress didn't, but you hardly show any skin," she winked playfully.

Standing next to the friends, Mallow let a less-than-subtle cough escape. The Trial Captain wore her own chartreuse bandeau top and a pair of boardshorts, both with scarlet flowers on them. The bright colors of her own outfit contrasted the dark grey and bronze of Kira's.

Ryanne rubbed the back of her neck, "I'm still working on my body confidence, but thanks for the encouragement. You both look great." She turned to face Fleet and Zossie, approaching from another changing tent. Similar to how Kira had described, Fleet wore burgundy swim trunks, his trademark royal blue hat, and a matching royal blue vest. Zossie's one piece swimsuit resembled her Recon Squad uniform, but with a cyan skirt and short sleeves.

The girl from Ultra Space grinned excitedly, her pale blue irises and orange pupils glittering in sunlight. "We all look great!" she giggled.

Ryanne rushed over to shade the younger girl's head with her hat. "Zossie, you know you can't go outside without your visor! Your eyes can't handle as much UV radiation as ours can."

"I know that, you worrywort." Zossie reached up with both hands, double tapping her temples. Before everyone's eyes, the domino mask-like visor faded into existence, and with two more taps, faded away. "Using data I collected about Devon Scopes, I reverse-engineered its technology to enable my visor to cloak. Fleet and I have been working on it in our spare time since we arrived since Alola always has such clear skies."

Mallow stepped forward, holding open a bag of containers. "Regardless of how well we can or can't see in the sunlight, all of us need to put on sunscreen. Grab a bottle everyone." The others listened to the instruction, applying sunblock on their bodies, save for Fleet, who only globbed some on his nose.