Happily Ever After Pt 2 (Prinxiety)

Unedited

T.W. Maybe?

Roman sighed and shut himself in his room, now he knew what it felt like to trust someone with your heart, and have them throw it away like it's no big deal. He knew Virgil wouldn't have known of his feelings, nor did Roman know of Virgil's relationship. Yet the entire ordeal hurt him greatly, and he felt like sleeping for the rest of the day.

Patton soon came to his door, and told Roman it was time to eat, he wasn't hungry, yet he didn't want to worry Patton, so he went to eat anyway, and sighed, as he saw Virgil acting as though nothing happened. It hurt Roman, he didn't want to pretend nothing had happened, he wanted to address the issue, yet he couldn't, not with Logan and Patton around, it would worsen the entire thing. He sat and ate in silence, ignoring the concerned glances he was getting from the fatherly and logical traits. He tried to eat and act unsuspicious, but he knew Patton could sense something was wrong. He also, knew that Patton would talk to him after they'd eaten. He sighed, internally, and watched as Virgil and Logan muttered to one another, acting as though it was normal, and come to think of it, it was, but he never noticed how close they really were, not until he'd seen them together, and until he'd poured his heart out, kind of, to Virgil. He knew he'd never be able to look at Virgil the same, nor would Virgil be able to look at him the same. He pushed the food around his plate again, watching the way it left a small trail of sauce along behind it. He sighed, and pushed his plate away, before walking out of the room in silence, and ignoring any of the words coming from the kitchen.

Virgil and Logan exchanged worried glances with Patton, and Patton left the kitchen to go and make sure Roman was alright.

"Kiddo?" Patton knocked on Roman's door, hoping to be let in. In response, the door swung open, allowing the fatherly figure to walk in, and sit next to Roman. "What's wrong Roman?" The mentioned trait looked at Patton, his eyes red and puffy, hair disheveled, and as soon as he made eye contact, as soon as he saw the care, and compassion in his eyes, Roman broke down again. He let himself be scooped into the arms of Patton, and he sobbed into his shirt.

"I-I thought... T-that he l-loved me... H-he's w-with L-Logan..." Roman managed out, causing the fatherly facet to sigh, and hold him closer. "You just weren't meant to be." The two descended into a comfortable silence, which was soon disrupted by shouts from downstairs.

-

"I didn't do anything!"

"Well I did not either."

"Why are you so mad at me?"

"I am not, you just cannot see what you have done wrong."

"I haven't done anything."

Virgil watched Logan, the way his hair stuck up, and his glasses framed his hardened glare. He saw the way he was holding himself tense, and ready to protect himself. "You did, you made him uncomfortable."

"How?"

"It was possibly something to do with when you two were alone, and you ran into me. What happened?"

"He kissed me... I didn't ask him to, I didn't want him to, I love you, and he just helped me with my wrists." Virgil's eyes widened as he realised what he said, he clamped a hand over his mouth, and watched Logan walk out of the room, hearing the door slam in the distance. Virgil, through muffled sobs, entangled his hands in his hair, and bit his lip to muffle a scream threatening to escape. He messed up, he messed up, he messed up-

"Virgil?" Roman walked into the kitchen, cautious, as to not overstep his boundaries. In response, Virgil flung himself at the trait in the doorway. "I'm sorry." He repeated over and over again, not letting Roman speak, he sobbed and apologised, knowing it was all his fault, and he'd never get Logan back.

"Virgil." Roman's hands ran through the anxious aspects hair, calming him down slightly, and allowing him to face Roman. "Hm?"

Roman leaned down and captured the lips of the younger traits in his own, pulling him closer. Virgil made no move to leave, and he kissed back. It was only short, yet it spoke more than words could. Virgil was still angry with himself, but he let Roman lead him to the commons, and the two sat in silence, letting each other think, but relishing in the company of the other.

-

After a few months, Virgil and Logan made up, however, mutually agreed to remain friends, in that time, Roman and Virgil grew closer, and soon after, began a romantic relationship, Logan and Patton following suit shortly after.

Sometimes, things were still tense, but they worked through it, and they worked as a team, better since they'd encountered an issue along the way.

837 words

I hope this was okay...

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
Xx