You Saved Me Au (Logicality)

Unedited

Possible T.W. Not sure.

It wasn't really his fault. He couldn't help that his crush was stood right there, and the pool just appeared. Okay, maybe the pool didn't just appear, but it wasn't his fault he fell in! Maybe we should start from the beginning.

-

Patton had been crushing on Logan for just short of a year, and when he heard that the nerdy, stay-at-home student was going to be at the pool, he just had to go. He'd dragged his friend, Virgil, along with him.

Virgil sat himself at the edge of the pool, feet dangling into it. He didn't want to take his shirt off, nor did he really want to swim and splash around. Until his mind got distracted by one of Logan's friends. His tousled brown hair, and piercing green eyes, his tanned olive skin, and the way his smile would light up his whole face was enough to send Virgil head over heels in love. He never really did love, but seeing the male across the pool from him was enough to convince him otherwise.

Patton smiled to himself. "See, I told you, you wouldn't regret coming here."

"Shut up." Virgil's pale complexion turned a bright shade of pink, and he turned away, focusing on the water below.

"I'm going to get a drink, want anything?"

"Nah... I'm good. Thanks though."

Virgil watched Patton walk off, and sighed to himself. He watched as Patton locked eyes with Logan, and a blush crept up onto his cheeks, and he watched as Patton turned around with a hopeless expression on his face.

As he was walking back, he watched Patton inch closer to the pool, until his footing was no longer on the edge.

"Patton!" Virgil got up as fast as he could, and rushed over to where Patton had slipped, and looked into the pool. "Dammit Pat, where are you?" He muttered to himself, barely registering Logan jumping in after him, or Roman coming over to him.

"You okay?" Virgil jumped slightly at the voice next to him. "Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

"It's fine... I'm fine. Just worried. His stupid feelings are gonna be the death of him some day. He's that smitten that he zones out and doesn't pay attention." Virgil turned to Roman, and froze upon realising that he was talking to the male he had been staring at.

"You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah. No. I'm fine." Roman raised an eyebrow at him, which caused his to fidget slightly. "Uhm... I'm fine. I don't know that I've seen you before." Virgil lied.

"I'm Roman, one of Logan's friends."

"If you don't mind me asking. Is Logan gay and single?"

"Yeah." Roman chuckled. "He never goes out. I practically forced him to come here today."

"Okay. I just didn't want Patton getting hurt. Of course there is still the possibility of happening, but he really-"

"I know. It's okay. It's pretty obvious that he likes Logan."

"Okay." Virgil let out a sigh of relief, before his breath caught in his throat. "Uhm... Are you?"

"Am I what?"

"Y'know. Gay and single?"

"I'm straighter than a cooked noodle."

Virgil chuckled slightly. "Good." He risked glancing up at Roman.

"Why's that?" Roman smirked at Virgil, causing Virgil to blush again.

"Um... I just... Um..."

"Would you like to join me for coffee?" Roman cut Virgil off, sensing his nerves.

"I would... yeah..."

"May I get your name? I told you mine, and you never told me yours."

"You don't want to know. Or you already do know."

"I want to know, because I don't know it. And I like you. You seem intriguing."

"Virgil."

"Well Virgil, I shall look forward to taking you out for coffee." Roman walked off, leaving Virgil confused.

"But when..." He groaned, and was bought back to reality when Logan surfaced holding Patton. He rushed over to Logan, and took Patton from him, just so he could get out. Virgil lay Patton down, and watched anxiously as Logan initiated CPR.

About 5 minutes later, Patton spluttered and choked. Logan sat him up, and held him upright, hoping to remove the water from his lungs.

Roman had walked back over, and took Virgil's hands, mostly to keep them both slightly grounded, yet neither paid it any attention, since they were worried about Patton.

Patton's coughing soon ceased, and Virgil let out a breath he didn't realise he had been holding.

Patton looked up, and saw who had saved him, and he blushed. "Thanks..." He muttered.

"It is no problem. Do try to watch where you are going."

Patton nodded. "I will. Um... To say thank you, can I take you out for coffee or something?"

"That would be most enjoyable. Thank you."

"It's fine..."

Virgil smiled and realised he was holding Roman's hand. His gasp turned Roman, Patton, and Logan's attention to him, and he blushed a deep shade of red. He dropped Roman's hand and tried to hide in on himself. Roman, seeing his nerves, pulled him into a hug, and let him bury his face into his shoulder.

Patton let out a small "aw." And went back to talking to Logan.

-

The two pairs went on their coffee dates, and enjoyed it so much, that they'd arranged to have another one in the future, and see where it took them from there.

890 words

Hope you enjoyed

Take care

xx