I try... (Logince)

Unedited

Ugh.

T.W. Mentions of self harm and suicide.

"It doesn't matter how hard I try, you will always be better than me." The words rang throughout the Mind, the one telling them froze, the one hearing them froze, and neither knew what to do.

"I will never be good enough for you." The loud voice became quiet, and their figure deflated. "You're too much better than me, and it doesn't matter what I do. I'll never be good enough."

Logan watched Roman leave the commons, and retreat to his room, the words stung him slightly. He wasn't sure why, but they did. He hated that Roman thought that low of himself.

He called Patton, hoping he'd show up in the commons to help him. "Logan?" Patton and Virgil showed up. Two opinions will not be too bad. Right?

"I have a dilemma."

"What's wrong?" Virgil clung to Patton's side, using the fatherly trait to help him stand. His eyes were drooping, and he was evidently tired.

"Roman seems to think he does not live up to my standards... I suppose. And he seems rather unhappy with himself."

"Maybe you should talk to him?" Virgil muttered something after Patton had finished, but due to his half asleep state, it was incoherent.

Logan chose to ignore it, and thanked the two traits, leaving them to go back to whatever they were doing.

After deliberating the options, Logan went and knocked on Roman's door. The normally immaculate trait opened the door, noticeably disheveled.

"Roman..." Logan took in everything about Roman's appearance. His hair was a mess, eyes bloodshot, and puffy. His hands were shaking by his side, and he was using the doorframe to stand. "Roman, what happened?"

"I can't... it's too... I don't..." Roman's words got caught in his throat, and tears filled his eyes. Logan noticed, and led him to his bed.

Roman lay on his back, watching as Logan went around getting a few items to help him. A glass of water was placed on his bedside table, along with some painkillers. Logan looked at Roman's hands, and noticed the deep scratches. He bandaged them up, pressing a light kiss to the back of his hand, afterwards.

"What is going on Roman?" Logan lay next to his boyfriend, and met his gaze.

"I don't like myself. At all."

"Why? You're truly magnificent. You're extravagant, and you help Thomas with his acting. You are impeccable, and I love you."

"I'm ugly, I'm too skinny, I'm too pale and I just don't look right."

Logan's eyes filled with tears as he heard the way his boyfriend talked about himself.

"That is not true. You are perfect." Logan's voice came out whispered, but it conveyed all the emotion he couldn't show.

"I'm not." Logan sighed, and pressed his lips to Roman's, who kissed back immediately.

Their lips moved together, as Logan pressed himself closer to Roman, draping an arm over his boyfriend's torso.

Roman pulled back, and he scanned Logan's face. "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you here?"

"I love you, and I hate knowing that you think about yourself this way. I wish to help."

"Good luck."

"I will try, and I will stay for as long as it takes."

"You're too late."

-

Logan sat upright in his bed, dragging a hand down his face. The sun was barely rising, and he sighed. Roman has been gone for months, and the memory still haunted him. He promised to help Roman, but Roman couldn't take the self hate any longer. A week after that conversation, he'd committed suicide, and left Logan to wonder where he went wrong.

596 words

Sorry... It wasn't going to be angst, but it happened. I'm sorry.

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
Xx