But... (Logicality)

Unedited

If anyone has a song that relates to this, please tell me, because I'd love to have a song to go alongside this.

Just friends don't think about one another like that.

Logan sighed as he lay on his bed. He'd told the other sides he was planning on sleeping almost 5 hours ago, since then, he'd been laying on his bed, his mind preoccupied with the thoughts of another. Patton had been plaguing his mind, yet he knew that in Patton's mind, he was just a friend, no matter what was in his own mind.

-

"Y'know kiddo, maybe you should talk to him, it might help you both move past these feelings, you know it's better to acknowledge them." Patton spoke to Virgil, neither knew of Logan's presence, how he wanted to listen to Patton's advice. He couldn't. They'd shared too much of a history and it wouldn't be fair to relive it.

Just friends don't torture one another like that.

"Patton?" Logan walked into the room where his once significant other sat, and he situated himself not too far away.

"Yeah?" Patton turned to him, his gaze full of something unrecognisable. The eyes that used to hold love, and passion, were now replaced with unhappiness, and possibly regret.

"I need you..." Logan's eyes filled with tears, something that was uncommon, yet he couldn't help it, since losing Patton, he'd been broken, and he didn't understand.

"I'm sorry Logan, we can't. Not after everything."

Logan hung his head and nodded, muttering an "I know." Before he walked to the stairs. "I still love you. I hope you know that. As illogical as it sounds, I do." Patton's head tilted up and their gazes met, pain flashing through Patton's, before he turned away.

"I'm sorry Logan."

Logan turned and walked up to his room, feeling his tears on his cheeks.

Just friends don't talk to one another like that.

"I love you Patton..." Logan smiled as he looked at his boyfriend, he was lucky, never in his wildest dreams had the imagined having Patton in his life the way he did.

"I love you too Logan." The two lay together on the patchwork quilt, which was draped over Logan's mattress. Their legs were tangled together, and their gazes met. They were in love, and it shouldn't change.

He sighed and lay on his patchwork quilt, at certain times, the scent of his old lover lingered, and filtered into his nostrils. He missed the long nights spent laying together, chatting and laughing. He missed the sweet kisses, and the loving cuddles. He missed everything about the relationship, and his ex boyfriend.

Just friends don't act towards one another like that.

Logan padded to the kitchen, where he found Patton baking. "Do you require assistance?"

Patton turned to Logan and nodded, forcing a smile. "I'd love some. Thank you, Kiddo!"

Logan felt his heart drop as Patton called him 'Kiddo.' He put up a smile, and moved over to Patton, assisting in any way necessary.

"Thank you, Logan." Patton smiled and his smile widened as he heard the song playing softly on the radio, he turned it up, and turned to Logan, "I love this song. Dance with me?" Patton took Logan's hands, and pulled him closer, after receding a nod.

The two swayed around the kitchen, Logan's arms draped around Patton's waist, and Patton's around his neck. It took them back to when they'd just started dating, when they were happy, before it had all gone wrong.

Just friends don't look at one another like that.

Logan gazed at Patton, love and happiness in his eyes, it didn't matter what had happened in the past, what was hidden in his eyes would never change. Their gazes screamed "I'm sorry" yet their voices never complied. They looked at each other the way lovers would... If only they were lovers.

Just friends don't do the things we do...

"I love you." Logan whispered, looking at Patton.

"I love you too..." Patton looked at him, asking for permission, to which he nodded. Logan connected their lips, allowing them to kiss, something which both of them craved, something which they needed. Their lips moved slowly, and carefully, happily, and passionately. They'd missed it, and they didn't want to let go. Patton soon pulled away, the sound of the music filtering back to them, and the scent of the almost fully cooked cookies met their nostrils.

"Please don't leave me." Patton whispered, pressing his forehead against Logan's.

"I will not. I promise."

Patton sent him a watery smile, which was returned.

I don't think that we are "just friends."

750 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
Xx