You Can Hurt Me... Pt 2 (Prinxiety)

Unedited

Not Angst, Not Fluff.

Virgil and Roman had been living together about a week when it happened.

Roman had been cleaning, and he'd stumbled across a picture laying on the mantle, that he hadn't seen before. "Virgil?" Said male walked into the room, and smiled fondly at the frame sitting in Roman's hands.

"Yeah?"

"Is that your old roommate?"

"Yeah." Virgil's smile turned to a sad one, he missed his old roommate, and it wasn't necessarily fair that he went through so much. "He was always so happy, but the last month he was here... He wasn't himself."

"You said he moved out to live with a boyfriend."

"Yes."

"Is it anything like what I went through?"

"I don't know, he wouldn't say, but I can only guess that it is." Roman nodded and smiled weakly.

"It's not a nice position to be in."

"He'd like you." Virgil said, changing the topic, abruptly.

"Why?"

"I don't know, there's just something about you that he would like. He's a happy, bubbly guy, and you two would get along really well." Virgil shrugged and turned to the window. "We should get some rest, we have a lot more to do tomorrow, and we need loads of energy."

Roman sighed and nodded, agreeing with Virgil, knowing it would be pointless to argue with him, especially since it was his house, and his rules.

-

Roman was woken by a knock at the front door. He frowned slightly, and pulled himself from the warmth of his bed. By the time he'd made it to the front door, Virgil was already there.

On the other side of the door, stood a male, slightly taller than Virgil, yet shorter than Roman. His eyes were red and puffy, a clear indication that he had been crying, and the tears in his eyes suggested he was about to begin again.

"Patton?" Virgil spoke, his voice betraying his stance. He seemed calm and confident, but with his old roommate in front of him, Roman could hear the worry and shock in his voice.

"I-I'm sorry to b-bother you. But I-I need a place t-to stay, and you're t-the on-ly one I could think of."

Virgil turned to face Roman, and the two shared a small, silent conversation with their eyes. Roman nodded, and Virgil let Patton in.

Roman took his bag, and placed it in the room that Roman had been using for a week.

"Here, I was using it, but you can, I'll take the sofa, or something." Roman sent a small smile to the male he now knew as Patton.

"Thank you. I a-appreciate it."

Roman nodded and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

"You're not sleeping on the sofa." Virgil stopped him from walking to the living room.

"Why not?"

"It's not fair. You can use my bed."

"And where will you sleep?"

"The sofa."

"No. Either I take the sofa, or we share the bed. I'm sure it's large enough."

"Fine. The bed it is."

Virgil and Roman's eyes had been locked together the entire time, and neither wanted to be the one to break the eye contact.

"Okay." Roman smiled weakly and turned away, letting Virgil lead them to his bed.

-

For the rest of the night, Roman got no sleep, he was too busy staring at Virgil, who he had slowly started developing feelings for, and was taken aback by his beauty, and peacefulness.

-

The following morning, Roman sighed and left the bed, careful as to not disturb Virgil. He had arranged to see his friend, whom he hadn't seen in a while.

"You're up early." Roman commented as he made his way into the kitchen, where Patton was cooking.

"Yeah. I used to get up and cook for Virgil every morning."

"He always speaks highly of you, but I think he was hurt that you moved out, because he wouldn't do it often." Roman smiled.

"We had always been good friends."

"I gathered."

"Why are you up so early?"

"I couldn't sleep."

"I know that feeling all too well."

"Do you know where the coffee and stuff is?"

"I made a pot, I guess I'm on autopilot."

Roman smiled, and made his was to the coffee pot, and poured himself a cup of the steaming black liquid.

"I am meeting a friend later, and Virgil is coming with, I wondered if you'd like to come and meet him too. I'm sure he'd like to meet you, and I'd like to get to know you a little better too."

"If you don't mind me tagging along, I don't want to be a bother."

"You won't be." Roman smiled once more, and went to pick out some clothes, before showering and getting ready for the day.

-

"Hey, Logan." Roman grinned at his friend as he slid into the booth next to him.

"Salutations." Logan put down the book he was reading, in favour of talking to his friend.

"This is Virgil and Patton," he pointed to each male as he spoke, and then introduced them to Logan.

"Hi." Virgil smiled slightly awkwardly as he sat next to Patton.

"I already ordered a drink, but I can go up and get you both something if you would like?" Logan spoke to the two across from him and Roman, knowing Roman would accompany him.

"Sure. I can pay, if you need?" Virgil offered, not wanting someone else to spend the money on him."

"No, it's fine. I'll pay, it's the least I can do." Roman countered, leaving no room for argument.

Patton smiled weakly, and watched out the window, letting Virgil tell Roman and Logan what they wanted.

As Logan and Roman stood ordering the drinks, and waiting, they held a small conversation.

"So, are you and Virgil together?"

"No. What makes you ask that?"

"The way you look at him, and the way he looks at you."

"I mean, I like him, but we aren't together. I don't think he likes me that way."

"He does."

"Doubtful." Roman sighed, and Logan was cut off by the barista handing them the drinks. He knew the conversation was left unfinished, and he knew that he needed to help Roman get the guy he wants.

The four males sat and talked for a while, getting to know each other a bit better, and form a better friendship.

By the end of their meetup, they'd all exchanged numbers, and promises to call if they needed anything.

Little did they know, two wouldn't contact them even, if their life was on the line.

1092 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx