You Belong Au(?)

Unedited

T.W. Homophobia?

MyAnxietyIsRaging: So, I've managed to figure myself out. A lot of you will probably say I "don't belong" but I do. I have been unidentified for the longest time, and it's nice to finally have figured myself out. You have all accepted me as a part of the lgbtq+ community, and I'm here to say that I'm both aromantic and asexual. I hope you all still accept me in the same way you had before, and have a good night.

Virgil sighed shakily, and shut his phone off, not wanting to wait for anyone to say anything about his post. He hoped he'd receive positive feedback, but he was worried nonetheless.

-

The following morning, Virgil woke up and checked his phone. He scrolled through all the notifications, which were mostly from Tumblr, and he sighed.

You don't belong.

You're not "queer"

You're not a part of this community

Virgil felt his breath catch slightly. He should have known that they wouldn't have accepted him, and that he was a fool to even try.

Despite the pain, he continued to scroll through the comments, and 3 stood out to him.

MrKnowItAll: You are welcomed with open arms. You do belong.

DisneyPrince: Welcome into the deeper depths of our community, we are happy to have you.

CookieThief: Yay! Another one! Hiya Kiddo!

Virgil smiled to himself, and sent each of the three users a message, thanking them for making him smile.

From then on, he didn't doubt where he belonged, because he had three online friends who would reassure him that he belonged somewhere, and he would not hesitate to message them.

270 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx