Black And White Au (Logicality)

FanGirl2023

Unedited

Logan had always seen in black and white, in fact, everyone did, until they shared their first kiss with their soulmate. The universe wasn't all mean, it gave you clues as to when you knew who your soulmate was. When you were near them, you saw tints of red in your view, however, it would soon fade after you were out of "range" per se. When they touched you, your vision would turn slightly green, and you'd see hints of green in your daily views, but as soon as their touch left, so did the green. . However, when you met them and kissed them, the world would explode with colour. You'd see everything in this new way. Blues and oranges. Yellows and purples.

Logan sighed as he walked to class, he enjoyed school, but for some reason, he hadn't been liking it recently. He sat in his regular seat, and stared at the table in front of him, it was littered with words and drawings, some were darker than others, which suggested that they were done in colours he had yet to see. He sighed and as continued to stare, he noticed certain colours started to show through. He looked up and he could see certain shades of red, the ceiling had hints of red spattered over it, and the carpet was red, and he was amazed at the new colours in his world.

He stood up, ready to go to the bathroom when he bumped into someone, and even more colours littered his vision. He turned to the male he had crashed into and gasped at the beauty of the male. When he finally came to his senses, he saw how in awe the other was. "Excuse me." He cleared his throat, and gained the attention of the male in front of him.

"Oh... I'm sorry!" They exclaimed, and the two bent down to pick up the papers and notepads he'd dropped when they'd bumped into one another.

Their hands brushed together, and the green returned to their worlds. Their hands didn't leave one another, both enjoying the colours. "Logan and the new kid are gay!" The school's bully pulled them from their fascination, and they turned away from one another, pulling their hands away, faces burning crimson.

"I-I'm sorry..." The supposed 'new kid' spoke, turning to look at Logan who shrugged.

"They were bound to find out eventually." He sent the other a small smile, and extended his hand out, "Logan."

"Patton." Patton took his hand, and shook it slightly, lighting up the world around them once again, this time, however, they were lost in one another's eyes, not caring about the colours.

"Well, Patton, Might I ask you to accompany me to the local coffee shop after school?"

"I would love to." Patton giggled at the other, causing an unexplainable feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"I shall see you then." Logan nodded at Patton courteously, and sat back in his seat, mind distracted for the rest of the day.

-

Logan stood outside the coffee shop, anxious about meeting Patton, what if he said the wrong thing? Acted the wrong way? His thoughts were cut short when the reds began to filter into his vision, and he felt a hand on his arm. He turned to Patton and sent him a small smile.

"Glad you could make it." Logan spoke, turning to open the door for the two of them.

"So am I." Patton murmured walking into the cafe.

The two sat and drank coffee, and talked about themselves for what felt like minutes, when in reality, hours had passed, and the shop was ready to close.

The two walked out of the cafe, hand in hand, relishing the colours around them. Logan walked Patton home, and the two stopped outside his house. "I thoroughly enjoyed myself, I would like to do this again, if you would too." Logan spoke, nerves seeping into his voice.

"I would love to," Patton spoke with a smile, and pressed a kiss to Logan's cheek. "Might I have your number?" he continued, knowing Logan wasn't thinking as clearly as he would have liked to.

The two exchanged numbers, and before Logan was able to turn away and head home, Patton pulled him close and connected their lips. The kiss was only short, but when they parted, their world had lit up, with multiple more colours around them.

The two soon bid the other a goodnight, and went back to their own houses. Both lay awake, ready to face the colourful world the following day, and ready to experience another date, hoping they would have a wonderful relationship.

777 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx