I'll Always Be There Au (Virgil x Thomas)

Edited (Please point out any typos or anything)

Edit: there is a Dan reference in here. So have fun!

This is a long oneshot, and I mean long, it's 11,000 words. So, be warned. Also, despite the T.W. It's fluff.

My other thing to say is that it may be slightly confusing. Normal text is 2 years into the relationship, italics is meeting and one year into the relationship. Some stuff flows, but they're kind of time skipped too. It'll make sense when you read it.

This has taken me over an entire day to write, edit, and get out. But I got it done, and I'm actually quite proud of it.

Enjoy!

T.W. Suicidal thoughts, Implications of self-harm, Anxiety, Depression (If I missed any, let me know.)

Virgil 🖤: I'll always be there for you, when it seems like the sun doesn't shine, or the negativity outweighs the positivity. I'll be there when you don't want to get out of bed, or on the days I don't want to leave my room. I'll be there when the sky is grey, and you're sure that nothing will go right. I'll always be there. You don't have to worry about me leaving, because I won't. You mean everything and more to me. I love you.

Thomas smiled at his phone. Despite their relationship being long distance, Virgil never failed to make him smile. He would send Thomas a message everyday, for him to see when he woke up. Virgil would stay up until 3am his time, just to say good morning to Thomas when he woke up at 8. He never asked for Thomas to go out of his way to message him, or postpone plans because he hadn't seen Virgil yet. They understood that they both had lives outside of each other.

Virgil 🖤: I'm going to be unreachable all day, I'm sorry. Don't wait up for me. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you.

Thomas 🧡: alright, I love you too.

Thomas sighed, he knew it would be a long day. He had nothing planned, other than waiting for his boyfriend to come online so they could video chat.

Thomas smiled weakly as he walked through the store, he'd suffered a rough breakup, yet, he seemed to be able to forget about that the moment his eyes landed on a particularly intriguing male. He stood with his shoulders back, confidence in his stance, and a glint of mischief in his eyes. Thomas sighed, he'd never get someone like that to notice him. Not again.

As he browsed the DVDs, a voice called out to him. "I wouldn't stand there if I were you." Their voice was heavily accented, and it wasn't local.

"Why not?" Thomas spoke, slight agitation filtered into his voice, and he turned, any words or movements failed as he realised who it was that he had spoken to.

"You're more than likely going to get hit."

"By...?"

"That." He pointed to an object that was fast approaching.

He stepped out of  the way, and sighed as it landed next to him. He watched the now still ball and avoided any eye contact with the male that had advised him to move.

"Thanks..." he muttered, before going back to the DVDs.

"Hey, are you okay?" The accented voice spoke again, and Thomas turned to him, seeing a frown etched into his features.

"I'm okay..." Though unconvincing, the topic was dropped.

"I'm Virgil." They introduced themselves.

"Thomas." He turned away, unsure of why they were talking to him.

"Look, I hate when people do this to me, but I won't let you do something stupid. Are you sure you're okay?"