Charm Au (Moxiety)

blookyisanawesomecat

Unedited

Might do a part 2, might not.

But I will get something else out later (hopefully).

This went weird...

Virgil sat with his charm in his hand. He hated the whole soulmate stuff. It was like an arranged marriage from the government. "Here's a charm, your soulmate has one that corresponds with it, and it may be possible to have more than one corresponding charm, but it is unlikely. We paired you with your soulmate through a specific charting system, based on your personality, and sexuality. We know a lot about you, and you may be surprised at your soulmate. You will find happiness." Their words replayed in his head almost all the time. He was convinced he had no soulmate, the number of times that he'd seen people with their soulmates charms complete, and that they were able to be happy, when he was stuck alone, without a soulmate, or even a friend.

He looked at his star, there were so many possibilities for it. It could be a moon, a planet, a comet, or anything else space related, and he hated how vague some of the charms were. He once knew someone who had a puzzle piece as a charm, yet it had 2 parts that stuck out, and two that caved in, which made it oddly specific, and difficult to find the person who held the other half, in the end, they found out it was a three piece one, and he was polyamorous. He was happy, and he ended up leaving school, and living with his boyfriends. Virgil was convinced he'd never have that. Sure he'd had crushes, but he was never going to subject himself to a relationship where he would be left behind, he figured he had someone, and he didn't want to feel unnecessary pain.

He sighed and climbed out of bed, he didn't want to go to school, but he had to, and he hated every minute of it. He pulled his regular clothes out of the closet, and sighed. He rushed through his morning routine, and left the house, not eating breakfast, like every other day, and he uttered no words to his parents. As he walked down the street, he saw two other students he knew, yet he wasn't willing to go out of his way to talk to them, he didn't want to bother them.

The entire way to school, Virgil kept his eyes on the males in front of him, just to make sure he didn't run into them accidentally, and to make sure they didn't notice him. He kept his headphones on, and made sure to pay attention when crossing roads, but he was fine, no cars were out at that time of the morning, minus a few that drove some kids to school.

Virgil internally sighed as he saw the school come into view, and he contemplated turning back around, but he knew his parents wouldn't be best pleased if he did. The entirety of the rest of way to school, voices surrounded him, excited ones, and he gripped his charm slightly tighter in his pocket. He could vaguely make out what they were saying. It was something about a moon, and a charm. Possibly, they'd found out about someone else's charm, and they were wondering who their soulmate was. Virgil rolled his eyes, and made his way to his locker, ignoring the looks from the others.

A classmate of Virgil's ran over to him, and spoke a mile a minute, and Virgil had to take off his headphones and ask the male to repeat what he had said. "Patton told people about his charm." Virgil shrugged slightly, and turned back to his locker, ignoring the prince-like classmate of his. "Don't you care?" he asked.

"Why should I? Just another person with a charm that has nothing to do with mine."

"It's a moon." Something inside of Virgil stopped working, yet he somehow was still able to function.

"So? There's probably a million other things that could go alongside it."

"Virgil, it's a purple moon. Hardly anyone has a coloured charm... except you." He whispered the last part. Virgil hadn't intended on Roman knowing about his charm, it just happened that one day during their science class, it fell onto the table as they were working on a project. Virgil had scooped the charm up quickly, but Roman had still seen, but Roman had promised he wouldn't say anything to anyone else, which Virgil was grateful for.

"So?"

"Your soulmate could be Patton!"

"Doubtful. Look at him, the perfect smile, the way he is so good with everyone, he doesn't want much, yet if someone has a hard time, he's always there. He's friends with everyone, yet he's not popular per se. He's anything but my soulmate."

"You like him." Virgil's cheeks flushed a deep shade of red, and he looked down, mumbling something along the lines of "shut up." He only looked up when he heard Patton's voice in front of him, talking to Roman.

"You wanted to talk Ro?" Patton spoke in his happy, bubbly tone.

"Yeah, I wanted you to meet Virgil, I think you will have a few things in common."

"Roman..." Virgil warned, but it was too late, Roman had walked off, sending a wink at Virgil, leaving him alone, uncomfortable in front of his crush.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"I-I... yeah..."

"What's wrong?"

"I hate Roman. I hate school, I can't seem to get anything right, and I'm going to mess something up before it even starts." He groaned and turned around, placing his head against the cool metal of the lockers.

"Hey..." He felt a hand rest on his shoulder. "It's okay, you can talk to me you know."

"That's the thing... I want to, but I can't..."

"Why?"

"You won't like me?"

"Says who?"

"The voices..."

"They're lying, they aren't real, and they aren't true."

"Why would you like me?" He asked, finally moving his head away from the locker and looking at Patton, blushing slightly at how close they were. "I always have." Came the whispered response, and Virgil whimpered slightly at the burning he felt in his hand. He pulled his hand out of his pocket, his charm glowing. He groaned. Now? Really? Patton looked at him concerned, and pulled out his own charm. The two looked at one another in slight shock, neither believing what was happening. The looked at each other, their gazes taking in as much of the others face as possible. The glow from the charm had attracted multiple people, yet they didn't notice. They were only snapped out of their daze when the bell range.

They exchanged numbers, and went their separate ways to class, and both said they'd meet up at lunch to talk.

After that, they became very close, doing almost anything they could together, and they soon began a romantic relationship, where they thought nothing could go wrong.

1141 words.

GUYS! It's my birthday tomorrow. I promised myself I wouldn't become that person. But I'm getting excited.

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
Xx