I Can't Do It... (Prinxiety)

Hey, I know I've been gone a while, and I'm sorry, so many things have just cropped up over the past week, and I've not been able to check my notifications, let alone upload. On the subject of my notifications, I'm at 916. Do you realise how happy that makes me. I have gone on, and I have wanted to check them, but, I have also been lazy, but I'm going to try to upload a little bit more. Sorry...

Enjoy!

xXSpark

Unedited

T.W. Mentions of attacks

To say the relationship wasn't hard would be a lie. It was beyond difficult, on both ends. Among the panic attacks, nightmares, and the complete lack of sleep, both males were struggling, in more ways than one.

They were hardly seeing each other, unless it was for one to be helped, or they happened to be watching a movie together, where they would, more than likely, fall asleep part way through.

If you asked them at the beginning of their relationship, they never would have thought it would have come to that. They would have thought they'd be happy together, and enjoy one another's company. They thought they would have cuddled every night, and talked about everything and nothing all at the same time. They thought they would have had the most cliche relationship ever, but they should have known. Opposites clash, they knew that, yet they chose not to care. They chose to ignore the warning signs and went along with what they thought was the right thing.

Oh, how it crashed and burned.

He couldn't help that they weren't meant to be, he should have known that from the beginning it wouldn't work. Of course, their other option was to be alone for the rest of their lives, but it looked like it would have happened. The entire "let's just be friends" would have worked out much better than them attempting at making a relationship work.

Of course he would try to help, but there were times where he was too physically exhausted, that he couldn't attempt to help, if he had, he probably would have made the entire situation worse, but then he felt bad when he left him to deal with things on his own.

They could have potentially made it work, but it would have taken even more effort from both males, and neither could handle it. The feelings were mutual, they both knew it was never going to work, and they were struggling with the relationship, but that didn't make the breakup any easier.

He would never be able to remove the pain he saw in his lover's eyes, nor would he be able to remove the pain he felt in his chest. It was too much to handle, and neither knew how difficult it would be. It was a relationship they wanted, but it was too much for them to be able to handle.

He would relish the nights he spent in the dark, muffling his sobs, so he knew no one would see him cry. He was the bad guy. He hurt Virgil, and as much as it hurt him to have done it, he would never be empathised with, he was the bad guy, and he hurt Virgil.

How could he be so selfish?

463 words

I'm sorry...

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx