Sleepless Nights (Thomas x Virgil)

Unedited

T.W. Possibly?

Virgil loved the dark, so much so, that he would often lay awake at nights, on the roof of Thomas' house. He would relish in the natural darkness, the only light being that of the stars. He'd lay on the roof, headphones on, music playing, his arm resting behind his head, one leg crossed over the other, and sometimes his gaze would be on the stars, other times, his eyes would be closed and he'd be happy to stay that way.

On those nights, Thomas would often join his anxious side on the roof, and sit with him. They'd sit in silence, enjoying the view. Which was where they were now.

Virgil sat looking up at the sky, his headphones covering his ears, music playing so loud he couldn't think, but in that moment, it was a good thing. His anxiety had been heightened all day, and he wanted it to stop. He needed the escape. On top of his anxiety, he had to watch over Thomas all day, due to him going for an audition, and Roman was being no help, Patton was freaking out, and Logan had locked himself away, just to make sure he wasn't involved in any of the nonsense. This left Virgil to be the only reasonable trait. Of course, Roman and Patton had apologised, but it didn't stop him feeling down.

Thomas had been worried about Anxiety all day, he knew him going for the audition would cause him to work overtime, and feel worse, and he knew Virgil hadn't come out of him room since he'd gotten back from the theater. Which was why he made his way up to the roof, just to make sure Virgil was okay.

"Hey, Virge..." Thomas sat next to Virgil, only talking when Virgil had taken his headphones off.

"Hey Thomas." Virgil smiled weakly to his host, and turned his gaze back to the street below.

"You're not looking at the stars. Why?"

"I don't know... I want to, they just seem too bright tonight. Maybe it's just me, but they seem like they're happy, and I... I'm not."

"What's wrong?"

"I've been working so hard for you today, I've tried to stay back, and let you get through the audition, but then I had to kick in because of Roman and Patton, but I didn't want to. I know how much acting means to you, and I feel like I get in the way of that sometimes. I don't want to. I want you to be able to do what you love. Maybe that's why I want to leave. I'm not good enough for you, Thomas. You deserve better."

Thomas looked at Virgil worriedly. "Is this my Anxiety talking, or my boyfriend?"

Virgil froze for a moment, unsure of which part of him was talking. "Both." He muttered. "You deserve someone to protect you better."

"Virgil, you always protect me, and you're doing your job. You don't mean to cause any issues. You're you, and I love you, you know I wouldn't have it any other way."

"But Thomas... I'm... I'm too much. Roman gets upset with me when I hold you back, and that's all I do, you can't convince me otherwise. I'm in the way."

Thomas turned to face Virgil fully, and cupped his cheek, getting him to turn to him. "Virgil, you are not too much. To hell with what Roman thinks. You let me get through that audition today, and I think it went well. I remembered my lines, I didn't mess up, and the director seemed to like me. I think you underestimate yourself."

Virgil sighed and avoided Thomas' gaze. "I love you, Virgil, and nothing will change that."

"Thomas-"

"No. I don't want to hear it. You're amazing, and I love you more than anything."

"Why?"

"I just do. I can't explain it. I just love you." Virgil sighed and looked at Thomas, finally meeting his gaze.

"I love you too... But you're a sap you know that right?"

"Yes, I know that, but I'm your sap."

Virgil smiled fondly, "yeah... You are."

Thomas captured Virgil's lips in his own, and held him close. Using the kiss to show how much he loved his boyfriend, and that no matter what he thought of himself, he was loved.

After they parted, Virgil rested his head on Thomas' shoulder, and the two turned to the stars, happy to star gaze for the rest of the night, and face the repercussions the next day.

751 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx