Unhappiness (Virgil x Thomas)

Unedited

This was supposed to be different...

Virgil sat on his bed, tears streaming down his face. He couldn't take it, the constant fights, the yelling, the lack of care in the Mind. He was happy, at least he tried to be, but when there were two couples who couldn't seem to get along, he couldn't help but be unhappy. He put up an act, pretended he was happy, pretended he was okay, but he wasn't. He couldn't be. The number of nights he'd sunk out of the mind, and curled up in bed next to Thomas was uncountable.

Angry voices filtered into his ears, and despite his hands covering them, he could still hear the other sides clearly. He whimpered and pulled his legs to his chest. His tears continued to fall, and he couldn't stop them, he hated it, he wanted it all to stop. His only release was being away from them all. They didn't know how badly he was affected. Why couldn't they see him?

He sunk out, and padded to Thomas' room, where he knocked on the wooden door slightly. A tired, messy Thomas answered the door. "Virgil?" He muttered, his hand rubbing his eye. "You don't have to knock y'know." Virgil shrugged in response, unable to find his voice, the tears still falling freely. Thomas took his hand and pulled him into the room, laying him down, allowing him to relish in the silence.

The two soon drifted off.

-

"Morality?" Roman walked up to his boyfriend's opposite, which gained the attention of the aforementioned trait.

"Yes?" Both traits were rather standoffish with the other due to an argument prior, which cause both parties to be upset.

"Where is Virgil?"

"His room?"

"I checked. He's not there."

"Did you ever think that our nonsensical bickering would affect him?" Logan walked over to his boyfriend, and pressed his lips to his temple.

"So where would he be?"

"Not with Thomas." Deceit walked over and placed himself next to Patton, almost falling asleep on him.

"We should check on him." Patton murmured, earning noises of agreement from the others.

The four sides sunk down, and appeared in thomas' living room, where they were met with Thomas and Virgil curled up on the sofa, the latter almost asleep.

Virgil lay pressed against Thomas' side, a blanket draped across them both, Virgil's face was red and slightly puffy from the influx of tears, the night prior. "Thomas?" He shifted slightly, and looked up at his boyfriend.

"Yeah?" Thomas looked down at him, his gaze softening.

"My head hurts."

"I know Virg... I know. It's going to be okay. The others will fix their issues, and will try not to affect you any longer." Thomas sent his sides a pointed glare, causing them to hang their head in shame, and nod, sinking out to fix their issues.

Virgil stayed pressed against Thomas, and soon drifted off, Thomas following suit not long after.

485 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
Xx