three

Taehyung's PoV;

"Jeon Jeongguk knocked Oh Sehun the fuck out."

I gasped, "really?"

They all nodded enthusiastically, eyes wide.

"And then, when Baekhyun came over, Byun Baekhyun, they had a fight, and my god, Jeon is a fucking fine fighter. He won the fight by miles. It was like, Jeongguk was a shark and Baekhyun was a pathetic little fish." Hoseok continued.

"He was brutal. He knew how to fight." Jin said, shaking his head in amazement.

"Why, what'd he do? Spill!" I demanded.

"Well, with Sehun, he shoved him so hard that his head smacked on the wall and knocked him clean out. Then, in the fight with Baekhyun, he had him pushed against the wall in lightening speed. His hand gripped tightly around his throat, like this." Namjoon said, demonstrating on Jin, who held his breath so he went purple.

"Then," Hoseok continued for Namjoon excitedly, "he like winded him somehow? All we could see was Jeongguk's leg raised. Baekhyun flopped over slightly, Jeongguk threw him into the wall again. Baekhyun fell to the floor and Jeongguk kicked him in the jaw and nose and then-"

"He's still fighting?!" I interrupted in shock.

They nodded in sync, reminding me of a trio you'd see in an anime show.

"He picks him back up by the collar!" Hoseok quietly exclaimed, gripping Namjoon's shirt to show me, "drags him up so they're face to face and you know how short Baekhyun is and Jeongguk appeared to be about your height. He headbutted him, kneed him where the sun doesn't shine and then threw him onto Kai's table."

I covered my mouth in shock, my eyes wide.

Fights rarely happened at our school as Kai's men tended to run the place and the only conflict was one sided, such as Baekhyun slamming people into lockers or Sehun punching someone in the gut for looking at him for what he considered too long.

For someone to fight them, even starting the fight, was extremely rare.

Especially for a new kid.

"Damn." I dragged out the vowel, the others nodding in agreement.

"It's mental, isn't it?" Namjoon said.

All of my friends, including myself, were pretty much nerds and had never been in a fight.

I had never hit a single person.

Yoongi had had a small scuffle with a student, but it mostly consisted of a quick shove and a snarl.

Namjoon was a chemistry and physics student, obsessed with anything and everything science related. Academically intelligent, though he tended to lack common sense and come across as dim.

Hoseok was a dance and drama student. He had a profound love for dancing, and so he should, he was amazing at it. Like beyond talented. His bones would move fluidly, like his bones were made of water and his body was weightless.

Jin was a culinary student, who also picked chemistry up as a side subject to sit in for an hour or two a week. He constantly talked about food and everything to do with it, including all the nutritional facts and how many calories an apple contained.

Yoongi wasn't really a nerd or a cool kid, he didn't have a label. He studied music and delved into the composing side of it, not so much the vocal side. He tended to spend his weeks writing songs and practicing on the piano, playing the background music for drama performances.

Jimin was a dance student, who chose to study art as a side subject and he occasionally visited music whenever he was free, just to go sit with Yoongi. Usually, that wouldn't be allowed but Yoongi's impressive skills swayed the teachers into permitting this, so as long he didn't disturb. Even though he always did.

Although I saw nothing particularly nerdy about my friends, everyone else did. But luckily, they were slightly cooler nerds. As in, they wouldn't get their dinner money stolen, but people would expect them to do their homework for them as long as they paid them. They just weren't cool enough to be invited to one of Kai's infamous parties. Not that any of us wanted to go, such places were filled with drugs and alcohol and drunkards fucking anyone with a pulse.

Our idea of fun wasn't necessarily studying Beethoven and Vincent Van Gogh whilst someone jerked off to Newton's laws of motion in the back, but it wasn't drinking whiskey until your insides burned or getting high off lines of coke til you passed out either.

More often than not, we'd sit and talk over a table of takeout food, chatting about who'd hooked up with who and which freshman Kai had chosen for his newest victim.

The bell for last lesson rang, signalling that we need to get off our asses and rush to lessons.

Namjoon pulled Jin up with him, both of them rushing to the science block for chemistry.

"Are you in dance?" I asked Hoseok as we walked out of the library.

"Yeah. You're in art, aren't you?"

I nodded, looking at my ruined book in sadness.

"Is there any way to salvage it?" He asked, nearing the dance studio, a few classrooms away from the art block.

"Not a chance." I laughed emotionlessly.

"Aww, man. I feel bad." Hoseok said.

"Nah, it's alright. I didn't like them that much anyway." I said, referring to my paintings.

It was partly true.

"If you insist." Hoseok said as we stopped at his door, "this is my stop. I'll see you later."

"Yeah. Have a nice lesson." I smiled, waving him goodbye.

My smile dropped off my face as I sighed, walking down the busy corridor as I thought of excuses to tell my teacher about my book.

Yeontan spilt water on it?

I fell in a pond?

I tried a more literal form of watercolour?

Internally shaking my head, I exhaled quietly as I entered the classroom, noticing I was early.

I walked up to my teacher, her eyes judging my book before I had the chance to explain.

"Let me guess, you fell in a lake?" She clicked her tongue, pursing her lips.

"Uh, something along those lines." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Whatever. Just get it redone before the deadline of the next project."

"When's that?"

"Three months away. Due on the thirtieth."

My birthday.

I have a deadline on my birthday.

"And the topic is whatever we want, right?" I asked.

"No. The topic is on people, Taehyung." She sighed, plucking paintbrushes between her nimble fingers and storing them back in the pot.

"But as long as I can link it to people, it's fine?"

"Sure. I doubt you'll finish, considering you have the entire nature topic to redo."

Forcing a smile onto my face, I rolled my eyes mentally as I took my seat at the back.

She greeted all of the students now flooding in, smiling and laughing with her favourites, uncaring of the fact that they were late.

Puffing my cheeks out in an attempt to prevent tears that were about to spill, I moved my wet hair out of my face and opened up my sodden book.