eighty seven

Taehyung's PoV; 

"I need Jeongguk to kill someone."

There was an awkward silence in the room after Namjoon spoke, lots of squinted eyes and open mouths as we all stared at him. His posture and face made him look confident, but there was the tiniest waver in his voice.

First to break the silence, an exasperated Jeongguk threw his hands up in the air.

"Oh now it's okay?!" Jeongguk huffed, referring to his job title, which Namjoon had previously been very against.

"Well- no. It's not. I guess, I just need your help?" Namjoon answered, his response more of a question rather than a decided statement.

Jeongguk scrunched his face up in further confusion, Yoongi scowling directly at Namjoon, Jimin cocked his head, and I sat forward.

"Who exactly do you want killing?" I asked, suspicious on why Namjoon was acting strangely.

"Hoseok."

"What?!" Me, Yoongi and Jimin yelled at the same time.

"What the fuck? I'm not killing Hoseok!" Jeongguk shouted in frustration, "he's-that's your friend!"

Namjoon ducked his head, almost shielding himself from our confused shouting and cursing.

"Have you lost your damned mind?" Yoongi asked.

"I don't know." He replied, voice cracking. He crossed his arms atop his legs, resting his head on them, "I don't know what's up with me."

"Why do you want Hoseok dead?" Jeongguk questioned, "I mean, sure, he's a dick. But, don't you think you're making a mistake? If I were to kill him, you'd definitely regret it."

Namjoon flicked his head up, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

He looked so vulnerable.

I'd never seen him cry up until now, he was amazing at bottling up his emotions. He rarely let stuff upset him or impact negatively upon his day. 

So what had gotten him so fucked up?

Jeongguk stood up, limping (thanks to his hugely bruised leg - we still hadn't figured out what he'd done) over to Namjoon and crouching beside him. He rested his hands on Namjoon's knees, looking up to him.

"Look at me." Jeongguk commanded, Namjoon flicking his gaze over to him.

"What?"

"Get your shit together." Jeongguk hissed, "why the fuck are you thinking about killing your best friend? Why the fuck have you come to me? Aren't I danger to you, Taehyung and the others?"

"I don't fucking know. I really don't." Namjoon shrugged, "you were the first person that I thought to come to. I don't even know anymore."

"What caused you to think like that?" Jeongguk shook his head, tapping his fingertips on Namjoon's knee.

"Me and Jin have been arguing." Namjoon confessed, staring down at Jeongguk's green hair (he hadn't washed out the spray yet). "Just over the little stuff. Like me using the wrong cup, or putting the plates away in the wrong cupboard. My music being too loud, my TV shows being annoying. I don't even do anything."

"And then, last night. We had a huge argument over the situation with Jeongguk, where I defended him. Basically, I said that, if Taehyung was happy, then it's fine. Jin got really mad, and he said that he was off to Hoseok's, because he 'wasn't a fucking blind idiot'."

"So, you want me to kill Hoseok because your boyfriend went to his house? His best friend's house?" Jeongguk cocked his brow.

"No, no. Recently, each time we had an argument, he always went to Hoseok's. And whenever we'd argue, he'd bring Hoseok's name up in conversation like, 'Hoseok said this'. And he'd believe him over me. I wouldn't be suspicious if he went to, I don't know, Taemin's or Yoongi's house, for example, but it's constantly Hoseok. Always."

"Hoseok is dating Taemin." Jeongguk said dumbly, a blank tone in his voice, "and besides, Jin would never even dream of cheating on you. You're his entire world. I'm not even lying, he looks at you like you created everything beautiful and pure in existence."

"Even when you broke his favourite teacup, and you came to apologise to him, holding all the broken shards and pieces while pouting, he still looked at you the same way as when you first met. Those honeymoon eyes never left." I said, offering a small smile to Namjoon - unable to feel annoyed at him with his cute dimples and guilty voice. He'd only followed in the footsteps of Hoseok's and Jin's opinion, not wanting to leave Jin. He'd clearly never intended for it to go this far, where his thoughts had built taller and taller, swallowing him and his sanity up whole, to the point where he considered taking someone's life.

"He's probably closest to Hoseok. Like, me and Yoongi are closest to Taehyung. Jeongguk is closest to Jay." Jimin soothed, Yoongi nodding softly.

"I'm not going to kill Hoseok for you, I'm sorry." Jeongguk said, "I think you're being stupid and overthinking. I refuse to kill someone, purely because you think that your boyfriend is cheating on you."

Namjoon offered a dazed smile to Jeongguk, "fuck, I'm an idiot. You're not even a bad person, what the fuck was I thinking?"