forty five

사십 오

Jeongguk's PoV;

"You cannot be fucking serious." I said, looking at Boss.

This was a huge problem.

Dilemma.

Conundrum.

Issue.

Either way, I still considered jumping out of that open window as a solution.

It seemed pretty inviting.

I swear that Boss had left it purposely wide open just so I could easily step out and let myself fall.

Staring at the open folder in front of me, I decided that this was probably the worst day of my life.

And I'd had a baby throw up in my mouth.

Yet this shit still managed to beat that.

"These guys were the ones who requested that Kim Taehyung be assassinated." Boss said, "they mentioned that associating with homosexuals would ruin their image."

He shrugged, spinning his chair to gaze out of the window, though I wasn't entirely sure what he'd be looking at, considering that it was nearing one in the morning and there was only yellowing streetlights and the occasional speeding car.

I just wanted to go home and sleep.

I didn't want to go to my shitty apartment, sleeping on the creaky mattress without Taehyung. I didn't want to go a night without having him cling onto me, his face buried into my chest and his leg awkwardly slung around mine. I didn't want to wake up in the morning without his body laid across mine, head now on my shoulder as he laid diagonal. 

I really didn't want to be in Busan right now.

Not when I knew that Jisom was lurking around. Especially when it was nearing the time when he broke my nose and fractured two locations on my jaw last year.

I wasn't frightened of him anymore, but he still had this indescribable hold on me.

I'd always think twice about an outfit, unsure whether the jeans made me look fat or the shirt made me look stupid.

That's why I refuse to take my shirt off around Taehyung, in fear that he'll say something Jisom would, though I knew Taehyung would never - his heart was too big.

Sighing, I threw my head back and groaned, the folder wobbling on my knees before crashing to the ground.

I rubbed my hands across my face, breathing deeply as I felt all the blood rush to my head, but I stayed in the same position, the throbbing pressure representing my current stress level.

Which, by the way, was fucking out of the roof.

Not only did I have to kill Taehyung's parents, although it wasn't an issue in my mind, it could potentially hurt him as he still had the tiny bit of love for his parents which would probably remain no matter what happened.

But I had to tell Taehyung that his very own parents were the ones who wanted him dead.

His own parents.

The ones who gave him life.

The ones who raised him.

Wanting him dead because his sexuality apparently warded people off from their business. Which just forwarded emails to other rich people.

Unlike many of us who assumed that it was Kim Jong-in, apart from Jungwoo who insisted that it was Byun Baekhyun, it was actually his parents that made the request.

They wanted him killed in a way that it looked like a tragic accident, so they could play the victim and look like trophy parents.

Boss hadn't known that they were Taehyung's parents, considering that they family name Kim is extremely common, and he just assumed that it was a random rich couple who wanted a college kid dead.

If that sounds stupid, then a request that I once had in the past makes this one look intelligent.

A girl had drunkenly requested multiple times that her friend be assassinated because she bought the same miniskirt as her. It's constantly stuck in my head that this specific skirt was orange and had a white zip, since that's what she told me about seventy times.

A job's a job.

As I squinted at the paper before me, I very nearly lost my shit and threw it out of the window alongside myself.

Kim Jae-Eun and Kim Soo-Jung.

Relatively normal so far.

Spouses since 1984.

That's a long time to be married.

Jesus.

So Taehyung is born in wedlock, which might explain any strange beliefs that the parents have.

Child must be born in wedlock.

Homosexuality is frowned upon.

Possibly strongly Christian?

Kim Jae-Eun: male, green eyes, black hair, approximately 6'2, relatively deep voice and speaks very formal.

Fucking hell, 6'2?

Why is Taehyung so short?!

Poor baby.

Kim Soo-Jung: female, black eyes, black hair, approximately 5'6, friendly and welcoming.

Woah, she's tall for a woman.

As I looked at the photos of the two, I saw that Taehyung definitely gets his features from his mother.

They both shared the gentle look on their faces, pouting resting lips and soft gazes in their black eyes.

Moving throughout the book, skipping past the photos of them leaving restaurants and shops and whatnot, since I already knew what they looked like.

Family: Neither Kim appears to have any siblings, nieces or nephews or any living parents.

Makes that easier I suppose.

Children: 2.

Two children?!

Taehyung had never once mentioned having a sibling. 

Then again, he never mentioned his family much anyway.

Kim Taehyung: approximately 5'10, dyed light purple hair though naturally blond, black eyes, slim build, youngest by a year.

Note - was previously requested to be assassinated by Kim Jae-Eun and Kim Soo-Jung.

Kim Jong-in: approximately 6'0, natural black hair, green eyes (similar colour to Jae-Eun), muscular build, oldest child.

Note - also known as Kai by preference.

It is suspected that Taehyung does not know of his relations to Jong-in.