seventy nine

Jeongguk's PoV;

Boss and JinJin simultaneously groaned as we entered the office, taking in my appearance.

"I know I've said this so many times, but this one was literally not my fault." I pleaded, sitting on the beanbag with a slight exhale of breath.

"Really?" Boss questioned, raising his eyebrows and clicking his tongue.

"Yes." I rolled my eyes, immediately wincing at the pain. My left eye and cheekbone were painted with a brilliant combination of purples, blues and reds. A wonderful slash ran along my jawline, from the corner and reaching up to just below my inner lip. Jong-in looked away guiltily, tapping his fingertips against the chair.

His face was also not in prime condition, though he was in better nick than me. He escaped with merely a scratch across his eye and nose, his lip bust in the middle. 

"I refuse to believe that you didn't start the fight between you and Kim." JinJin shook his head, pointing at the two of us daintily.

"Uh, what the fuck?" I responded, standing up (ignoring the furious pain that exploded in my limbs and across my ribs), "you think we fought?"

"You think I'd fight him?" Jong-in said.

"Well, you two aren't exactly the best of friends, are you?"

"He saves my life more than I'd like to admit." Jong-in gawked, "I'd like to think that we have some sort of connection."

"I trained his dumb ass, we're not at each other's throats constantly." I replied, offended that Boss thought I attacked everyone, "are you insinuating that I start fights with everybody?"

"It's your nature, Jeon." JinJin replied calmly, "it's what you're used to. It's fine, we're the sa-"

"What the fuck?" Jong-in laughed emotionlessly, "you think that he's some sort of fucking monster, don't you?"

"You know, of all people I thought you guys would be the ones supporting me." I spat, standing up from the stupidly yellow beanbag.

"Jeo-"

"What? What are you gonna say?" I snapped my head around.

"Gonna tell him to stop being so violent?" Jong-in clapped back, and I was shocked at his loyalty. He'd developed some sort of alliance with me after I allowed him patch things up with Taehyung, and he respected that I cared for his brother (ironic really, considering he used to do the exact opposite, but I stayed out of the drama).

"Here's your stupid fucking case." I threw the folder on the table, "I killed a rapist, what a monster I am."

"We came in here to ask for permission for time off." Jong-in snided, "so he, the monster, could teach your son self-defence."

"I'm sorry, Jeon, but-"

"Save it." I hissed, stomping out of the room.

"Jeon helped me not to get beaten up by your rival's goons." Jong-in said before leaving the room and slamming the door.

--------------- F L A S H BACK--------------

"Jong-in, I beg. Must you be so fucking stupid, all the time?" I panted, crouched behind a low wall.

"I didn't mean to!" He snapped back, pushing bullets into his handgun hurriedly.

"How the fuck do you accidentally shoot someone in the head?!" I hissed, listening out for footsteps.