eighty one

Taehyung's PoV;

Yoongi and Jimin sat across from me at the bench, swiping through the photos they'd taken. They giggled and smiled, pointing at our individual expressions. Jay looked upon the photos with a fond look in his eyes, making comments every now and then.

I smiled softly, looking down at my ring. It twinkled in the evening setting sun, the diamond sparkling and reflecting the sun's rays.

Beside me, on the floor, was Jeongguk and Yeontan playing. He laid on his back, ankle crossed over his knee and one hand behind his head, supporting his neck. His free hand held Yeontan up to the sky, making aeroplane noises at him as Yeontan barked and yapped happily. My heart swelled at the sight of my soulmate; my favourite person, laid in my favourite colour. I took Jimin's camera, snapping a few pictures whilst I had the chance (before Jeongguk and Yeontan started to fight).

Everything was perfect, up until I realised something.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

Jeongguk jolted, groaning as he dropped Yeontan onto his stomach. The dog pattered around his torso before laying down, unbothered by Jeongguk's pain.

Yoongi merely blinked, continuing to scroll through the photos.

"What?" Jimin asked, breath caught in his throat as he held one hand over his heart.

"What am I gonna tell the others?" I said, panicked.

"What do you mean?" Jay drawled, chucking Jeongguk the pack of cigarettes and hitting him on the forehead with the lighter.

Yeontan moved away from Jeongguk as he sat up, choosing to patter over to Jimin's lap.

"They don't know that we even dated, never mind got engaged!" I said quickly, hands flailing all over the place in a panic, "oh my god, they're gonna hate me. I've kept so much from them, Namjoon and Jin are trying to set me up with someone, they think that we're just flirting with one an-"

"Petal, calm down." Jeongguk soothed, pulling me onto the floor. He wrapped his arms around me, bringing me onto his lap. He pressed a light kiss to my temple, his front against my back before nuzzling his nose into the shortened hairs that laid at the base of my neck. My heavy, panicked breathing subsided as I inhaled his soothing scent, laying my head against his shoulder.

"It'll be okay, Tae." Jimin smiled, "we'll sort it out."

"Yeah, chill. We'll throw a big party tonight, explain that you two have been lowkey about everything. We'll just say that Jeongguk is a cage fighter or some shit, explaining the, uh, injuries." Yoongi stumbled, earning a quick glare from Jeongguk.

"You do realise that a cage fighter is no better than an assassin, right?" Jay questioned with a short laugh.

"I don't know, man. I'm a florist." Yoongi shrugged, "I didn't want to offend him."

"It's fine." Jeongguk smiled, though it didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Guys." Jimin warned, "no fighting."

"I'm not."

"Mmm, me neither." Yoongi replied, tension swimming thick in the air.

Me and Jay looked at one another, equally as confused.

"What's going on?" I asked, scared of what the answer would be.

"Nothing."

"Oh yeah, it's definitely nothing, isn't it?" Yoongi snarled.

"Yoongi, quit it." Jimin said through clenched teeth.

"It's nothing petal, honestly." Jeongguk whispered into my ear, pressing a light kiss upon my cheek lovingly.