seventy three

칠십 삼

Taehyung's PoV;

"You cannot be fucking serious." Ten scoffed, icy blue eyes shooting daggers at Boss.

"And you're trying to tell us that Jeongguk will be okay with all this, because he'll get a meal?" Taeyong laughed emotionlessly, throwing the paper folder up in the air and staring at Boss as it fell to the floor, notes and pictures scattering everywhere.

"Can you even understand how much fucking pain he went through?" Ten glared, breathing heavily as he slapped his hands down upon the glass desk - the old man sat behind it merely listening, watching with trained eyes. "And you want to introduce them back together after like a year of Jeon believing he's dead? Through a fucking evening meal?! Do you know the damn man?!" 

"You really think Jeon is gonna show up to a meal with no suspicions?" Taeyong hissed, "li-"

"Listen. None of you in this room are actually a part of this gang, so you don't even have to follow my orders. I'm only doing this because I have a plan." Boss interrupted.

"I'm not fucking done." Taeyong seethed, "let me finish and then we'll talk through your plan."

"I'm all ears." Boss sat back.

"You didn't have to have a crying, drunken Jeon stumble his way into your apartment every night when they fell out. You didn't have to deal with him crying over the phone after he found out Jay was 'dead'. You didn't have to literally hear the poor kid's heart fucking shatter." Taeyong shook his head, "you didn't have to watch as he span a knife in his hand for hours, or watch him click a lighter on and off until it ran out of fluid. You didn't get other gang members to watch out for him whenever he'd go out, drunk or high, to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. You didn't have to hear his panicked sister, finding him face-down, passed out after blacking out from drinking away his emotions."

"You didn't fucking see him at the funeral, Boss. He was that upset that he barely looked at the corpse for more than a second. He still thinks that the body was Jay's, because he didn't look enough for him to notice that it was a random fucking Vietnamese tourist!" Ten paced, sighing, "the only fucking thing you felt was grief, losing your son to a useless mother in China. You never once considered Jeongguk's emotions, making him run around, shooting and stabbing people only for him to blow most of that paycheck on fucking drugs. You claim to have a soft spot for him, but the only damn proof of that is a shitty beanbag chair with his name on it! That doesn't mean jack shit!"

"I hate to get involved, Boss. But you didn't see him, choking on his tears, winded, after he talked about Jay. It took him over an hour and a half to explain one memory. I really don't think he's gonna react well to us surprising him with both Jay and Bora." I spoke softly, in hopes that my voice would bring more sincerity rather than the duo's seething. 

Yes, I was beyond pissed. Boss was planning to surprise Jeongguk with Jay, without considering the effect that Jay's 'death' had on him. Jay literally raised him for about five years.

"Jeon has a knack for killing, he's good at it. He's got that aggression, a fury within him. He's like an animal when he gets going, it's sc-"

"Excuse me?!" I hissed, standing from my chair, "Jeongguk is far more than his job. He's only got that aggression, because it's all he's ever known. Never once has he been aggressive towards me, and I can say for definite that I have never been scared by him. If you really knew him, you'd know that he's extremely affectionate and would go to the end of the universe and back if somebody needed something."

"Taehy-"

"No, you know what? He's fucking right. Jeongguk has never once shown any anger towards Tae. Never. Jeongguk looks after Taehyung with every fibre in his body, and each time he's out doing your fucking drug runs, he always asks for us to look after Taehyung. Me, Taeyong, Rocky, JinJin, anyone who's free. Shit, even fucking Chae-Rin." Ten hissed.

"If we're not allowed to mention any of this to Jeon, I'm not putting up with sitting in a local restaurant and waiting on Jay to walk in with balloons." Taeyong spat.

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" Boss asked.

"What about a ball? Jeongguk enjoys dressing up smartly, and Jeong-ja loves doing her makeup all fancy." I suggested.

"Boss, get in touch with Jay and Bora and tell them about the plan." Ten said. Boss nodded, pulling out his phone and texting quickly.

"Perfect." Taeyong clicked his fingers, "in fact, I was reading a book earlier. They staged this surprise attack, which we could totally copy. Listen up."

He walked over to the whiteboard, which just had a few names of the runners that were on today and what they were delivering. I saw Jeongguk's name written in his own handwriting, a huge smiley face beside the scraggles. There was also a huge dick drawn around JinJin's name (there were multiple bosses for each run. JinJin's list was for the drug runs), which I also assumed was Jeongguk's work of art. Taeyong wiped off the writings with his sleeve before uncapping a pen and beginning to talk.

"Okay, first. We set the mood for the party. This is stage one, it'll last approximately an hour. This is where the waiters and waitresses are bringing out the food, the champagne tower is being topped up, drinks are being recommended and handed out. Jeongguk will refuse to drink champagne, so he will tend to stick around the food and maybe walk around a little, have a few conversations. Taehyung, I'll text you so your phone vibrates, that's your clue to drag him to the bar. Keep him near the bar."

"Next, Boss, since you'll be there. Once Jeon is at the bar, text Jay and tell him to come to the party or come out of hiding. I don't think it's safe for Jay to be at the actual ball until it's time, because knowing our luck, Jeon will definitely see him." 

"Then, Tae. You keep Jeon talking and Ten, you're gonna shoot randomly. Everyone at the party besides Jeon will know that it's not a real attack, but they're gonna scream and run like it is. Once everyone is in panic, Jeongguk will defend Taehyung. Tae, act as natural and scared as possible, it will take Jeon's mind off of the attack and more onto defending you."

"Ten, shoot at a light fixture so everything goes dark. I presume a chandelier will be there, going by the theme of the party. Taehyung, keep Jeongguk in that position. Do not let him move, or he will probably be accidentally shot."

"After you've shot your gun, Ten, stay where you are. Thirty seconds after he's shot, I'll shoot my gun also. Boss, that's your cue to switch on any lamps near Jeon. There should be small wall lights, find a switch for those in the first hour."

"Then, Jay will walk in and we'll let Jeon take over from there. Taehyung, you need to comfort Jeon because he will probably be unsure if it's Jay for real, so if he - by any chance - goes to attack, pull him back immediately."

I nodded, the plan easy to understand.

Ten and Boss nodded, taking in their notes.

"Ten, you call JinJin's squad. Boss, call Jeong-ja's and Chae-Rin's friends. Taehyung, do any of your friends know about Jeongguk and all this?"

I shook my head, "only Jimin and Yoongi know about his job."

"Sorry, but I think you're gonna have to leave them at home." Taeyong smiled sadly, "don't wanna traumatise them with guns and shit, you know?"

"Totally." I nodded, "should we call Jaebum's friends? Jeongguk said he knows them well."

"Yeah, bring everyone you can think of. The mansion needs to be full with all the gang members, we'll explain everything and boom, Jay, Bora and Jeon are back together." Taeyong grinned, "let's get this show on the road!"