thirty five

삼십 오

Taehyung's PoV;

I could see Jeongguk in the doorway of the coffee shop, standing midway through the entry as he conversed with Rocky.

"Rocky, for the last time, you can't come with me."

"But I want to."

"..." Jeongguk paused, "yeah, no shit. Isn't MyungJin free?"

I nervously fiddled with my hands, going from playing with my shirt to twirling my hair, then smoothing it down and then going pack to picking at the denim that covered my legs.

"I miss you." Rocky said.

"I've been with you the entire fucking day!" Jeongguk exclaimed, "actually, can you do me a favour?"

"If you're going to say 'fuck off' I will throw hands."

"You can't start a fight and lose, dickwit." Jeongguk laughed, "no. For real, will you pick up my papers?"

"Jeongguk." Rocky whined, "I did that last time and look what happened!"

"It wasn't my fault that that old man wanted to fuck you." 

I pulled a face, holding back an awkward cough at the casual tone of his voice, not seeming to realise how strange he sounded outside of their conversation.

"Yes it was. The guy was so bad at flirting, like if he had better game I might be more interested."

"He was like seventy. You disgust me. Pick up my papers."

With that, Rocky whined but headed off anyway, visible through the cosily tinted windows of the shop as he stomped away, hair bouncing as he did so.

Jeongguk came back in, rubbing at his paint-splattered face as he arrived in a different outfit to earlier.

This time, a hoodie replaced his blue shirt and navy jeans covered his thighs instead of white, although some rips exposed his muscular skin beneath, combat boots on the ends of his impossibly long legs. 

He looked just like a college boy.

He didn't look like he'd killed people.

He just looked like a stereotypical boy: who smelt like flowers and cigarette smoke, permanent roses and daisies etched into his skin, bruised and cut hands that lay down gentle touches, split lips that spoke beautiful curses and pretty nicknames - catching the silver bar that snugly sat in his septum with white and straight teeth, soft raven hair that fell over his face despite him constantly softly blowing it up and out of his face, the delicate slope of his nose descending down to a round button, girlish giggles with sparkling eyes.

I unknowingly smiled, waving him over with a gentle flick of my hand.

"Hey, petal. Sorry about that, Rocky has attachment issues." Jeongguk greeted, his smile warm as he sat in the leather chair before me, hoodie bundling around his figure.

"No, it's okay." I replied, "I could tell that he didn't want to let you go, you two must be close."

"Eh, something along those lines. He's one of boss' servants. Tends to sell weapons rather than drugs." Jeongguk shrugged, as if he was talking about selling food and not intoxicating substances or killing weapons.

"Is it not scary? Like all the drugs and weapons and fights?" I nervously squeaked, "and the assassinations?"

"It was at first, I suppose. But not now." Jeongguk replied, "let's not talk about this, it's clear that it makes you uncomfortable, petal."