sixty six

육십 육

Narrator's PoV;

F L A S H B A C K ! !

"How can someone so cute, be so angry?" Bora chuckled to Jay, watching Jeongguk.

The couple had decided to surprised Jeongguk at training, smiling in pride as they watched him pummel furiously at a punching bag, battering the bandages that protected his knuckles as the other gang members watched in a mixture of awe and curiosity.

"I remember when he was tiny and young. Shy, timid and probably couldn't even hurt a fly." Jay smiled, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, "now look at him. He's all grown up. He's dyed his hair, got his ears and lip pierced and got tattooed."

Bora hit him lightly, "don't start crying!"

"I wasn't!" Jay laughed, rubbing his arm where her hand had hit, though it wouldn't have hurt. Though, he was often reluctant to playfight with her because boy, could she hit hard. 

"It's cute, he's like your son." Bora said, heart filling with glee as she looked at a happy Jay, who was staring in pride at Jeongguk. 

Who, by the way, still managed to look intimidating with deer-like eyes and fluffy pastel pink hair. 

Jay almost died seeing Jeongguk smile, his eyes became so innocent and his smile was wide and happy, looking so cute that it made Jay's heart swell.

"Jeon!" Jay yelled.

Jeongguk looked around, a confused frown on his face before seeing Jay.

A smile broke across his features, eyes lighting up as he ran over to him, arms wide. Jay caught a jumping Jeongguk in his arms, hugging him tightly as Jeongguk blabbered excitedly in his ear.

Jay had been undercover for a month, away from home so Jeongguk hadn't seen him in ages. Bora had gone along with him, leaving Jeongguk alone. In order to keep his mind free of negative thoughts, so he didn't have to go through a panic attack without Jay, Jeongguk made himself busy by accustoming himself to training, small missions and dealing.

The original plan was for Jay and Bora to return home and wait for Jeongguk, his favourite meal set out with his favourite drinks and some food. But Jay was too excited to see Jeongguk, and Bora had missed her little bunny too.

"Hey, kid. You miss me?" Jay grinned, deep blue eyes peering into Jeongguk's wide lilac ones.

"Uh, duh!" Jeongguk laughed, hugging him tighter.

"Gross, you're so sweaty." Jay groaned, still hugging Jeongguk as tight as he could without breaking the kid's ribs.

"Enjoy it." Jeongguk wriggled, wiping some of his sweat onto Jay.

Jay wasn't bothered, he grew up with little kids and a tiny bit of sweat was no big deal. He'd had kids throw up on him, sneeze directly into his eyes and many more gross things.

The two withdrew their hug, Jeongguk turning to Bora.

"Bunny!" Bora squealed, holding her arms out.

Jeongguk had gotten used to her casual wear, which was often a baggy t-shirt and either a pair of shorts or sweatpants. He was a fan of her wacky fluffy socks and often stole a pair or two to slide on his own feet. 

So, to see her in a sparkly miniskirt and a white crop top, pink stilettos and a fluffy champagne coat, was weird. He didn't like the way her face was coated in foundation and the way graphic liner covered her lids.

"Bora!" He squealed back, equally as girly.

Bora hugged him, her head only reaching his chin despite the heels, her arms tightly around his body. Jeongguk leaned his head down, resting it on her hair as he hugged her back, missing his motherly-like friend and being glad she was back.