forty seven

마흔 일곱

Jeongguk's PoV;

"They're just totally obsessed with money, business and, and heterosexuality!" Taehyung rambled, causing me to laugh at him softly.

"Heterosexuality?" I asked through small giggles.

"Y-yeah!" Taehyung replied, somewhat proud.

"Of all the things that you could've said, you said heterosexuality?"

"Jeongguk!" He whined, pawing at my arm gently, "my mind went blank."

"Why?"

"You know why." He said, crossing his arms cutely.

"I don't." I smiled, half-knowing.

"It's, uh, your eyes." He mumbled.

"My what?"

"Eyes."

"What?"

"Eye- Jeongguk!" He scolded, "you shit!"

I laughed, ruffling his hair gently as he stopped biting back his smile, showing his teeth as he cast his own eyes down, leaning into my touch.

"Hey, at least we get to skip the awkward parents-meet-boyfriend dinner." I offered.

"I suppose." He murmured, "it would've been nice, though."

"Normal isn't always the best, petal." I smiled, "I mean, look at us. An assassin in love with a beautiful boy named Taehyung, someone obsessed with all hues of purple and every flower, apart from jasmine, because you don't like the smell." 

He snuggled further into my neck, laying one hand on my chest, "you make it sound so ordinary."

"Normal is boring, petal." I replied, "if your parents want you to do chemistry, further mathematics, statistics and all that difficult shit, let them want what they want. If you want to do art, then you do it. Do what you're happy with. And if happy is dating an assassin, then do me."

I frowned as what I said clicked, a blush beginning to form on Taehyung's cheeks like a rose blooming.

"U-uh." He mumbled.

"I didn't mean that." I laughed, unbothered and unflustered by what I'd said (because hey, it's going to happen one day), "it came out wrong."

Taehyung's cheeks remained rosy, though he began to giggle shyly.

He was so pretty.

His black eyes were like the midnight, stars literally twinkled. His delicately large hands were slender and lithe like his graceful figure, lissom fingers covering his rose-pink lips as he laughed. His giggles were the equivalent of an exquisite sound coming from a classy piano, a wonderful tune to the ears, causing my smile to widen across my face as I stared down at him with some sort of pride.

I must've done something good in a previous life to earn such an adorable and beautiful soulmate, someone to cuddle up beside me and forget all the wrongs in my life. Someone who was unbothered (to an extent) of what I did as a job, as long as I came back to him in one piece.

I'd have to show him one day how much I genuinely appreciated him and how much he'd done for me without even thinking.

Like defending me against Jisom. An assassin. He stood up, showing no fear as he bravely protected me (though I could feel his hand trembling on my ankle), even going as far to shout at Jisom.

He gave me confidence to knock Jisom out, whereas before I couldn't even look at him in the eye but as soon as I saw his fist come towards Taehyung, I was immediately up on my feet and next thing I knew, my foot collided with his head and so did the butt of my gun, knocking him out.