forty one

마흔 한

Taehyung's PoV;

Flicking my eyes towards Jeongguk, I noticed that he struggled to even look at Jisom, never mind be near him.

Feeling a strange sense of the need to protect, I slid off the front of the car and stood in front of Jeongguk, half-leaning half-standing against the car's metal frame, ignoring the way the bits of metal from Jeongguk's dodgy car (from a dodgy seller) stuck into my leg, scratching me through my clothing.

"And who are you meant to be?" Jisom scoffed, "one of his victims? No point protecting him, prick, you'll be dead within a week."

"Uh, I'm not on his hit-list." I replied, "if I am, then he's had way over two months to do it."

"Ah, typical of Jeongguk. Never, ever finishes his business." Jisom clenched his teeth, "d'ya, Jeon?"

Jeongguk's fingertips tapped against the metal build, his nervous eyes flicking everywhere as he was stuck on what to do, what to say and what to do with himself.

Unkeen of the idea of a fight, as I wasn't sure of who this guy actually was, I tried to diffuse the situation the best I could. Well, the best a socially-awkward guy could do.

Which wasn't a lot.

"Listen, how about w-" I tried, unintentionally flinching when the scary guy moved forwards.

I kept my hand on Jeongguk's ankle, bending my wrist at a (very) awkward angle, trying my best to comfort the poor purple-eyed boy who was currently trying to move away the best he could, squashing his cigarette box carelessly and clutching onto his lighter for dear life in some sort of reach for comfort.

"D'ya, Jeon?" He repeated, "you like to leave business unfinished and make everyone's lives harder, don't you?"

Jeongguk remained quiet, the sound of tapping increasing in frequency. His rings suddenly clanked against the hood, having just smacked his hand firmly down as he pushed away from an inclining Jisom.

Thanking my overly-large hands, I managed to keep a faint grip on Jeongguk's ankle, the only part that I could hold, in hopes that it was providing some sort of comfort or reassurance to the scared male.

"You like getting your friends to beat me to a pulp, don't you? That cocky Ten and his boyfriend, Taeyong. Not to mention all the other freaks they dragged along. I suppose you enjoyed the seven broken ribs that I had, along with a major concussion." Jisom spat, "maybe I ought to turn the other eye pink, huh?! See how arrogant we are then, won't we?"

Jeongguk's tapping resided, and I could feel the muscles beside his ankle tense as he froze in fear.

"Only took three hits to have you on the floor, with your fucked up eyes." Jisom snarled, "never once did I find them beautiful. I never found you beautiful, never mind your eyes. I never even fucking loved you."

Jeongguk didn't cry, he just stayed on the car boot, face tucked into his knees, rocking himself gently.

"Alright, alright. Calm it now. What's in the past, is in the past." I spoke calmly, trying not to aggravate Jisom further and trying not to upset or scare Jeongguk further, "nothing can be taken back."

"I don't need to listen to your hippie shit, fucker." He spat.

As I watched the flame in his eyes and the curl of his lip, I could understand why Jeongguk was feeling scared.

Jisom hadn't even done anything to me, and I already felt the need to back away.

I wasn't good in hostile situations.