thirty seven

서른 일곱

Taehyung's PoV;

Licking my lips after Jeongguk pulled away, I felt a surge of electricity run through me as he laid his hands on my hips, thumbs brushing over the bones as he looked at me lovingly.

"Petal, you look absolutely ethereal." He spoke softly, moving one of his hands to my face, brushing the hair out of my face before gently stroking my cheek with the backs of his fingers.

My cheeks flushed, my heart fluttered and my brain became a melted mess, malfunctioning on the spot and unsure what to say, my voice stuttering and the words mumbling when I looked at him.

"I don't know how I managed to get such a pretty soulmate." Jeongguk said, his voice quiet yet genuine, thumb now rubbing my cheekbone and occasionally sweeping below my eye, "I'd love to ask you to be my boyfriend, but it's not exactly the most romantic spot, is it?"

"I don't mind." I mumbled childishly.

"I do, petal." He smiled, "I'll take you out and ask you in a place that you deserve. Not in a shitty alleyway beside my sister's ex-husband's corpse."

"Can I have another kiss, then?" I asked, looking at him with puppy dog eyes as I laid my hand over his, pouting my lips ever so slightly.

"Of course."

He leaned forward, moving his hand to the side of my neck. 

My eyes fluttered shut as he pressed a dainty kiss to my lips, kissing my nose before pulling away fully.

"Come on, petal. Let's get you home, you're tired and you've had a long day." He spoke, rubbing my hip with his other hand.

"Don't wanna."

"Seoul is a long drive home, petal. Either that or we go to my apartment." Jeongguk said.

"Will you carry me?"

"Anything for you, petal."

------------------------------------------------------

Dozily, I awoke to Jeongguk laying me down on the bed gently.

He was about to pull his hands away from under my knees when I held onto his wrist, slightly startling him as I looked at him.

"Thought you'd fallen asleep, petal." He said, staying in the weird position that he was bent into, hands under my body as he crouched beside the bed, "are you hungry?"

"A little." I admitted, hand still holding his wrist.

"Okay, well I'll get you some clothes out because as cute as your ass looks in those jeans, everyone knows that skinny jeans are no where near as comfy as sweatpants. I'll let you steal my hoodie again while I go find some food."

I laughed at his half-compliment about my ass as I sat up, watching as he pulled sweatpants and a hoodie from his wardrobe, putting them on the bed.

He pressed a quick affectionate kiss to my forehead before leaving the room, his feet padding away.

I smiled to myself, holding my hand up against my head as I stood up, swapping my old clothes for Jeongguk's. I left my legs bare, isolating the sweatpants and allowing Jeongguk's hoodie to cover my skin to midthigh.

Ruffling my hair, I followed Jeongguk's footsteps in the small one-floor apartment to find him in the tiny kitchen.

Compared to his house in Seoul, this place was miniscule.

Yet somehow, it was cute and homely and a lot more Jeongguk.

BIGBANG posters covered the walls, accompanied by many other huge popstars in fancy jackets and sparkly shirts. In the gaps that posters of his favourite bands, artists and a few TV shows couldn't fill, pieces of his art (either in frames or just on the paper) were tacked up to cover the boringly beige painted walls.