twenty eight

스물 여덟

Taehyung's PoV;

Taeyong sped through the busy Tokyo streets, the bright neon lights blending into one hallucinogenic blur as we drove through the midnight sky. 

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" He cursed, tires squealing as he twisted and turned rapidly around the bends.

"I'm sure everything will be fine. Ten can defend himself." I said, attempting to console the distressed man.

He turned to me with slightly squinted eyes before sighing loudly, shaking baby pink hair violently along with his quick head shakes.

"He can't. He's snapped his ankle and his arm is still broken. It hasn't healed fully yet. He can't run and he can't defend himself."

"Oh." I sank further back into the leather seat, "yeah. Maybe we should worry."

——————FLASHBACK TO TWENTY MINUTES PRIOR——————

I sighed, looking at my phone before snuggling further into my bed.

I had stupidly forgotten to tell Jeongguk that I was in Tokyo for a week for a literature trip. I was going to tell him when he walked me to lesson, but then we had the petty argument.

He skipped the next few weeks of school and I'd left on the second week of him skipping. I'd texted him, but it wasn't going through so I assumed he'd blocked me or something.

It was two in the morning and I couldn't sleep - too wrapped up in what I'd said.

I'd been such a bitch to him, and he was just trying to reassure me that I wasn't going to fail despite my constant overlooking feeling of dreariness.

I was just about to doze off when my loud phone rang, jolting me from the sleep that I was so very close to reaching.

"Hello?" I answered sleepily.

"Is Ten with you?" A voice asked and I pulled the phone away from my ear to see who was calling me.

Oh, Taeyong.

Hello to you too.

I looked around the small room, seeing the bathroom door open, "uh, no. He mentioned something about going to another room to pass someone somet-"

"Taehyung, get your ass out here right now."

After a minute or two of useless bickering and refusal, I gave up and hung up the phone. Whining, I slumped outside in my sweatpants, a thin t-shirt with a shitty art pun scrawled across it and some cheap sliders that I walked around in to prevent my feet from touching the dirty floor of the cheap hotel.

Taeyong waited outside, his expensive car humming and gleaming in the yellow street lights.

Grumpily, I got in the car and before I got chance to click my seatbelt in - nevermind turn my head to the man - he quickly sped down the road.

"Why couldn't I just stay in bed?" I asked, smoothing my messy bed hair down.

"I needed company to keep me stable." He murmured.

——————FLASHBACK OVER : BACK TO NORMAL TIME——————

Taeyong parked outside a warehouse, unbuckling his seatbelt and stepping outside.

"Quick." He mumbled, crouching beside the entrance as I made my way out of the low car.

Which, by the way, as fancy and expensive as this shit looked - I would never ever buy one. It took me a good twenty seconds to stand up because it was so low to the ground.

I shivered, the place giving me the creeps.

The stone walls looked like they were stained with blood, the cheap streetlights highlighting dark patches on the walls. It was dark and overgrown ivy hugged the structure tightly, trapping it within its grasp.

"Why can't you just phone him? He's probably gone for a walk to clear his head." I mumbled, stamping my cold feet in an attempt to get warmth running around my body (to no avail).

Taeyong looked at me with a sense of desperacy across his face.

"Please forgive me, Taehyung." He said.

I flicked my hair out of my eyes, turning my head to see him removing a gun from a holster that had been hidden to my eyes due to the large white shirt he wore.

"Woah, woah, woah! What the fuck?!" I whisper shouted, "why the fuck do you have a gun? How the fuck do you have a gun?!"

Taeyong didn't answer, instead opting for smacking my head with the butt of the gun, catching my dazy and quick-falling body in his arms.

I stared up to him, eyes narrowing in blurry vision to show him that I was severely pissed off with what he had just done, but I knew I couldn't do anything as I felt my eyelids slipping shut by the second.

a/n sorry for short & slow updates, i'm currently drowning in exams & revision and this is the only thing that I can pull from my fried brain!! <3 <3