six

Taehyung's PoV;

"Reservation for Jeon." Jeongguk said to the guy.

He nodded, bowing his head slightly as he told us to follow him.

Jeongguk's fingers remained entwined with mine as we walked to the table.

"Brace yourself." He said.

I turned to ask him what he meant when a loud "Gguk!" was heard from a woman, tottering over on sky-high heels.

"Jeong-ja!" He repeated the tone, smiling.

He looked like he wanted to die.

"You're lat- ooh. Who is this charming man?" Jeong-ja said as she caught sight of me, her pink lips smiling.

They had the same closed mouth smile.

Not that I stared at Jeongguk or anything.

Pft.

Of course not.

"This is Taehyung, my boyfriend." Jeongguk said.

"He's so pretty." Jeong-ja said, "you've done well, kid. Punching above your weight."

Jeongguk went to speak but was interrupted by a man walking over to us.

"So, are you going to sit down at any point?" He asked with attitude, not bothering to greet either of us.

"If you're going to watch your mouth, then yes." Jeongguk replied with a blank face.

I held back a smile, squeezing his hand.

"Both of you, quit it." Jeong-ja sighed.

Jeongguk mimicked her face as she walked back to her seat, sitting beside her boyfriend.

We stepped over to the table, Jeongguk shooting glares at the man.

Safe to say that they didn't get along.

"Have a seat, petal." Jeongguk said, pulling a chair out for me.

I blushed deeply, thanking him as I sat down and allowed him to push me in.

"I'm sure the man is capable of doing that himself." The boyfriend spoke.

"It's called manners, Jiwook, you should try it." Jeongguk shot back, taking a seat beside me.

Jiwook huffed, sitting back in his seat.

"Taehyung, this is Jiwook, my soulmate." Jeong-ja said, "Jiwook, this is Taehyung, Jeongguk's boyfriend."

He offered a small smile and slight raise of eyebrows in response.

I watched as Jeongguk's tongue ran down the inside of his cheek in annoyance at Jiwook's rudeness.

I patted his leg in comfort, unsure of what to do.

After all, he was just my art buddy.

I didn't know the guy.

Yet I was sat with his sister and her soulmate, having a meal in a fancy restaurant.

"What are you thinking of ordering, Jiwook?" Jeong-ja asked as she looked through the menu.

The man hummed something in response, inaudible to our ears as they discussed the food.

"What are you gonna get?" Jeongguk said, showing me the menu.

"I don't know. It's super expensive." I groaned, knowing that this would put a hole in my student loan wallet.

Did I want something to eat or did I want to pay my rent?