forty six

마흔 여섯

Taehyung's PoV;

Snapping my head up as I heard the quick and firm knocks on my door, looking up from the bundle of covers in which I'd been cooped up in for about two hours of solid crying over my parents, Brooklyn Nine-Nine playing in the background for some sort of comfort (which worked about as well as Yeontan chewing my socks whilst they were on).

Sighing, I wiped my wet face with my shirt sleeves, trudging towards the door in my oversized sweater and one sock on (thanks to Yeontan, who had now brought the other to his bed and was currently aggressively chewing on it).

If it was Jimin, he wouldn't be bothered by my puffy crying face. He'd seen it enough times. Like when I cried over emotional movies, at his mother's wedding, after a hard day of Kai's men picking on me and when my favourite band disbanded.

Yoongi would try and cheer me up with food, same for Namjoon. They weren't the best at comforting, but I appreciated the way they'd grimace and pat my back awkwardly from far away, pushing the tub of ice cream towards me with a desperate smile. 

Hoseok and Taemin would just try and get me drunk and Jin would want a four hour long vent. Either of which ended up in me crying further, Hoseok often joining in if he was also drunk. Jin knew how to open up my bottled emotions with motherly words and gentle hugs and caresses of my shoulder and jaw. 

Jeongguk wasn't back in school yet, so I'd skipped it for the past week - including today. I couldn't sit in art when I wanted nothing more than to curl up and be invisible. I didn't have the energy to sit and suffer with the irritating teacher if I didn't have Jeongguk beside me, brushing my foot with his as he sketched and lazily swung his legs, or testing to see how many sweets he could catch with his mouth (often two), or telling me about his new favourite song and singing it offkey.

I opened the stiff door reluctantly, apprehensive to see who stood behind the door and wondering how the rest of my day would go - would I end up drunk? Would I end up crying into Jin's chest? Would I end up being pressured to eat chocolate (my least favourite flavour) ice cream? 

Midway through rubbing my eye, I spotted familiar casual black sweatpants and trainers.

Trailing my eyes up, I saw the hem of a blue cotton shirt - one that I'd worn many times as pyjamas. The comfy material swallowed me up whole, resting lower-thigh and cosy like a blanket.

And then my eyes caught on the massive bouquet, full of my favourite flowers and colour. Bursts of lilac and plum, lilies, lavender and carnations exploding in hue. 

I then caught sight of the beautiful man in front of me, black hair brushed out of his face and his grey backpack hanging off one shoulder, grasping the flowers in his ring clad hands. Despite the flowers in his hand, his eyes were still the most beautiful shade of purple.

Without a doubt, seeing his face was better than any flower.

Sniffing, I laughed nervously, "what's, what's all this?"

"This is for you!" Jeongguk grinned, looking extremely proud of himself as a gust of wind rippled through his raven hair and through the purple petals, his frame gently shaking under the slightly cool wind.

"The flowers, or you?" I joked, pressing my tear-wet lips together before smiling widely, knowing that my nose was red and my eyes were puffy but I didn't care, continuing to smile at the sweet gesture.

"Both." He winked, opening up his arms.

I stepped forward tentatively and wrapped my arms around him, feeling him do the same as I rested my head on his strong chest, smelling his comforting and faint cologne with the gentle, lovely hint of cigarette smoke.

I loved the smell of Jeongguk. He smelt like home.

I nestled my nose into him, cosy like a cat on a cushion, moving my hands to his chest so I could rest on him.

"I missed you so much." I sighed, "I know you don't have much time for me b-"

Jeongguk shifted, crashing his lips onto mine, cradling my jaw with his free hand as he tilted his head.

"That's where you're wrong, petal." He murmured onto my lips, vivid purple eyes staring intensely into mine.

We pulled away from the embrace, Jeongguk kicking off his trainers as he ushered me to sit on the sofa.

"Mm, so I'll get these flowers into a vase and you get comfortable. I've brought food and drinks, so we can have those while you tell me what's the matter, petal, okay?" Jeongguk ordered nicely, putting his backpack beside the sofa as he filled a vase up with water.

Sniffling, I smiled to myself as I watched Jeongguk curse and fiddle with the stems before managing to put the flowers neatly into the vase, arranging them and shuffling them around. He stood proudly at his creation, admiring it.

With a soft gasp, he came back into his senses and walked back into the living room.

He unzipped his backpack, bringing out an array of food onto the table. Chocolate, sweets (our favourite kind that we'd share in art), ice cream and a few bottles of soda. 

I stood, watching him as I scratched my elbow tiredly.

"Are you cold?" He asked, noticing my behaviour.

"Ah, no no. I'm fine." I nodded.

"You have no bottoms on, surely you must be a little chilly?" He said, slightly concerned.

I shook my head profusely, "you can keep me warm!"

He smiled once I said my statement proudly, "okay, petal."

He laid on the sofa, adjusting himself and laying on his back, holding the blanket in one arm. He gestured for me to come over and I did, laying between his legs and on my stomach, resting my head on his collarbones.

"So, what's the matter, petal?" He asked, draping the blanket over us (his toned tummy contracting as he did so) and bringing his fingers up to my hair and playing with the strands softly.

"It's my parents." I replied.