seventy eight

Taehyung made sure his hair was perfectly fluffy, tugging on his (Jeongguk's) sweater and applying a thin layer of some lip gloss. Jimin had insisted that he'd suit it and with some persuasion (Yoongi holding Taehyung down while Jimin applied it), he'd tried it on. He liked the way it made his lips all glittery. He texted Jeongguk, telling him that he was ready to call.

The screen on his computer lit up, as did Taehyung's eyes. He answered the Skype call to see Jeongguk sat on the end of his bed.

Whilst Jeongguk's thoughts were pure and pretty, staring lovingly at Taehyung and how adorable he was looking. He could tell that Taehyung had put effort into his looks, and he picked up on the fact that his lips were coated in something sparkly that he wanted to kiss off. Taehyung's thoughts differed: Jeongguk was sat shirtless, leather pants clad to his legs, polishing a knife with a rag, every tattoo on his torso, neck and hands were exposed and Taehyung subconsciously licked his lips.

It'd been a week since Jeongguk left to do his missions. As usual, school had been shit for the first few days, so Taehyung had been skipping since. The receptionists were happy with his half-assed excuse about him breaking his leg (which didn't really need two weeks off) and rid of his truancy.

While Taehyung missed the sexual side to their relationship, he also missed the romantics and the small stuff. He missed waking up to Jeongguk's warm and firm chest, hearing his soft snores. He hated it, but he also missed Jeongguk holding him in his sleep and turning him whenever he turned over. Taehyung missed going to sleep on the left side of the bed and waking up on the right side, half of Jeongguk on the bed. He missed hearing Jeongguk's yelps as he burned himself on hot spoons and pans (despite Taehyung telling him to let them cool before touching them). He missed watching Yeontan and Jeongguk play, hearing both of their gentle growling towards one another as they fought. He missed Jeongguk's peppering kisses, tight hugs, squeals of compliments and the sound of him saying 'good morning'.

It'd only been a week but, fuck, had he missed his soulmate.

"Hey, petal." Jeongguk smiled sweetly, "you look adorable, as always."

"Ggukieee." Taehyung whined, covering his flustered cheeks with his sweater paws.

"No regr-"

"Jeon!"

Taehyung heard a voice yell and he watched Jeongguk's eyes roll before yelling back a 'What?'

He giggled as he watched Jeongguk sigh, exasperated.

"I'm off to Rocky's, he's throwing a party. You coming?" Jay appeared, half dressed.

Taehyung looked away, finding it a bit weird to look at him whilst he changed. He made himself busy by picking at the loose strands on the sweater.

"I'm with Tae." Jeongguk replied, pointing his thumb at the screen.

"Hi Taehyung!" Jay shouted.

"You dipshit, you don't need to shout. He can hear you just fine." Jeongguk laughed, the sound causing butterflies in Taehyung's tummy.

"My bad." Jay snorted, "anyway. I'll be back for like one?"

"Eleven." Jeongguk coughed.

"Man, fuck you."

"You're getting old, you're past your prime time." Jeongguk grinned cheekily, his body half-turned to look at Jay.

While Jeongguk and Jay bickered, Taehyung's eyes scanned Jeongguk's body. He sighed, longing for him to come back so he could rest upon his sturdy chest. He wanted to lay beside Jeongguk, having his skin tickled and hair played with by his lazy hands, stroking absentmindedly in circles as the two watched a film or each other.

"Now, fuck off and enjoy your time." Jeongguk said.

"I'll try, but you know he's gonna make me drink tequila. We all know what happened last time."

"Painfully so." Jeongguk groaned, "that plant pot will never be the same."

"I'm not the same." Jay raised his eyebrows, "okay, bye. Bye, Taehyung!"

Taehyung waved, murmuring a 'goodbye' before Jay departed the room, and then the hotel.

Jeongguk turned back to Taehyung, his scarlet hair bouncing with the speed.

"Anyway, where were we?" Jeongguk asked, "ah, ye-"

"I m-miss you." Taehyung interrupted, suddenly bursting into fits of tears. He wailed, rubbing at his eyes with his knuckles, uncontrollably sobbing.

Jeongguk teared up at the sight of a distraught Taehyung, feeling his heart pang and then shatter at his cries.

"It's okay, darling, don't cry." Jeongguk attempted to comfort, wanting nothing more than to just be holding him. He also missed the faint scent of Taehyung's shampoo, the sound of his giggles and the sight of his flustered cheeks or excited smiles.

"I-I can't h-help it." Taehyung sniffled, tears still pouring out of his eyes.

Jeongguk pressed lightly at his eye with his knuckle, not wanting to cry because it'd make Taehyung worse. He sniffed, shaking his hair out of his eyes before coughing to compose himself.

"I miss you too, petal, but it's only a week more. I can phone you more, if you'd like?" Jeongguk offered.

"I w-want to see y-you and h-hug you a-and kiss y-you." Taehyung hiccuped, stumbling over his words, looking at a screened Jeongguk through blurred eyes.

"We'll do all that when I'm back." Jeongguk reassured before attempting to lighten the mood, "I'll put off your punishment for a few days."

Taehyung smiled, giggling lightly as he patted at his cheeks with his sleeves.

"D-do you want to s-see Yeontan?" Taehyung asked.

Jeongguk didn't really want to see the fluff ball, he wanted to devote his attention to Taehyung. But, afraid of making him upset, he agreed.

"Sure, where's my rat?"

"He's n-not a rat!" Taehyung defended through gentle giggles.

Taehyung whistled, patting his knees as he called for the dog.

Amidst Taehyung's curses about Yeontan being a 'disobedient dick', the sounds of petite pattering echoed through the laptop speaker, and then suddenly Yeontan's head popped up. Taehyung cradled his chin after Yeontan accidentally upper-cutted him,  the dog not realising as he madly wagged his tail at the sight of Jeongguk. He licked repeatedly at the screen, barking happily.

"Damn, Tannie, at least take me out for dinner first." Jeongguk joked, causing Taehyung to laugh.

Yeontan got visibly happier at the sound of Jeongguk's voice, jumping up and down on Taehyung's bed, running in circles and yapping.

Jeongguk had to admit that he missed the dog a lot more than he'd expected.

As Taehyung played with the dog, ruffling his fur and cooing at him, Jeongguk's fingers curled around a pretty box in his palm.