thirteen

열셋

Taehyung's PoV;

As I laid on Jeongguk's chest, he absentmindedly stroked my back whilst we watched the sun rise.

About an hour or so after we'd fallen asleep sat up, we both woke up and groaned at the uncomfortable position, backs aching. I'd offered for us to go back inside but Jeongguk simply shrugged, falling backwards and laying on his back - taking me with him as his arms were still around my waist.

I couldn't help but think of what he thought of me.

I didn't want to ask, and possibly ruin the mood by doing so, what we were.

After all, I didn't know if this was just Jeongguk hugging a friend.

Sure, he was gay, but that didn't mean he liked me in that way just because I was a boy.

Maybe the making out and hickeys were just a heat of the moment?

After all, he was extremely angry at Jiwook and maybe he needed something to do to vent his anger out.

Plus, people kissed and such at parties, but then never spoke of it again.

I'm certain that Jeongguk has been to a few parties and drank and smoke, possibly even hooked up with a few people.

So the makeout and hickeys probably didn't mean a lot to him.

It might be for the best.

I don't think it'd be good for me to have a boyfriend, as much as I'd adore one, because then the bullies would have something else to talk about. And what if they hurt Jeongguk?

He could obviously, clearly, defend himself.

But why should he?

Why should he be at risk of harm just because of something that I want?

It's not fair and it's selfish.

I shouldn't be thinking in that way.

But fuck, when he kissed me earlier. Under the moonlight with stars hanging above us.

It was romantic.

Surely that wasn't just a kiss.

That wasn't a kiss that'd happen at a party with a random stranger, the two of you having way too much alcohol in your system. It wasn't something that you'd just forget in the morning, and giggle with your friends as they told you what you'd done.

Surely that kiss had to mean something?

I decided to leave the issue for another day and continued to lay on his body, occasionally murmuring something about the sky.

———————————-

"Agh! Fuck, fuck, fuck!" Taemin and Hoseok squealed as they ran around with half an hour to get to school.

They weren't even dressed or fed or showered.

Jimin, on the other hand, wasn't bothered at the fact he had to join the two in dance.

Jimin didn't care that he was late. He simply sat, with a cup of tea as he and Yoongi lazily exchanges some words.

Jeongguk was the same.

Jeongguk was somehow even less bothered than Jimin.

Jimin was actually dressed, with his makeup on for the class.

Jeongguk was not.

He sat at the kitchen table, head on his arms as he mumbled about how tired he was and how he just wanted to sleep.

Namjoon and Jin were cleaning up all the mess from last night, moving blankets and pillows back to where they were stored.

Jin laughed as Namjoon hit his shoulder on the wall, sweetly kissing it better before the two continued their walk to the wardrobe where I stored all the hang out stuff.

Hoseok and Taemin quickly pulled some clothes on, each grabbing a sandwich that I'd made them.

Every morning, I'd wake up and prepare the dance class' sandwiches as they always usually ran late.

They both thanked me, rushing around and grabbing bags and whatnot.

Jimin gestured for a goodbye kiss from Yoongi, who sleepily pressed his lips against Jimin and wished him good luck in practice. Jimin had a tendency to fall over during his dances and often came home with bruised elbows and knees.

The trio simultaneously groaned at Jeongguk softly napping at the kitchen table opposite Yoongi - who was doing the same thing - before rushing out of the doorway.

Jeongguk had skipped classes before, so it came as no big deal that he was going to sleep through his dance class.

Yoongi often didn't have classes until one or two, and so he usually walked with me when I set off.

Whilst Namjoon was in the shower upstairs, I made my way over to Jin who was sat on the sofa, scribbling notes on chemistry.

"Hey, Jin." I said, sitting down.

"Hi Taehyung." He replied before suddenly turning to me, "I have something to show you."

"Okay." I said, "what is it?"

Jin didn't answer as he pulled out his phone, scrolling through something before he passed the phone to me.

I looked down at a picture.

It was extremely aesthetic.

There was a couple, kissing under the moonlight, a faint white light causing silhouettes and the stars to pop out.

"Woah, this is so pretty." I said.

"It's you and Jeongguk." Jin replied, "I know it seems stalkerish, but I was woken up by cold wind blowing into the house. I walked around to see if there was an open window and then I saw the front door open. I thought that someone had sleepwalked and so I came out to help them back in, but when I came closer, you and Jeongguk were leaning in and then you kissed. It was too cute, I had to take a photo to show you."

I smiled as I looked down at the photo, telling him to send it to me.

He nodded, before a sly smirk came across his face.

"So, uh, I see that you and Jeongguk got it on?"

"Hm?" I asked, confused, "no we just kissed. We didn't fuck outside."

"I didn't mean that. I meant the hickeys. They're so purple." Jin giggled.

I groaned, throwing my head back in frustration and in doing so, accidentally revealing more.

"Woah, little Taehyungie is growing up. Namjoon will be so proud." Jin said, his tone similar to that of a mother's.

"Why would Namjoon be proud of me getting a hickey? That's just weird."

"I meant it to sound like he was proud of you coming out of your shell, but you're right, I did make that sound weird."

"Please don't go around telling everyone. I don't know how Jeongguk would react."

"I won't. Not even Namjoon." He held out his strangely shaped pinky, "I promise."

As I wrapped my pinky around his, I went to question his promise but was interrupted by Namjoon coming into the room with a surprised look on his face.

"Woah, did you and Jeongguk fuck?" He said, pointing to my neck.

"Namjoon!" I groaned.