twenty nine

THE WEEK AFTER JEONGGUK'S AND TAEHYUNG'S MINI ARGUMENT (CHAP27)

스물 아홉

Jeongguk's PoV;

Inhaling deeply, I adjusted my tie, pushing the knot up to where each half of my collar met, exhaling as I rubbed my hands over my face.

"You good?" Ten asked, in the process of gathering up his shit.

"No. I can't do this, Ten, I can't." I replied, feeling my eyes get teary as I stared at the church that we were parked about fifty metres from, "it's too much."

"Yes, you can."

"What if he doesn't want me there?" I asked, "I know he's dead, but still."

"Of course he'd want you there. He wants to say one final goodbye to his best friend." Ten said, slamming the car door shut and standing as he tucked his shirt in.

"He hates me. I looked him in the eyes and told him that he should be dead, and look where we are now. We're stood outside a fucking church to go to a funeral." I crossed my arms, tapping my toes against the stony ground, chewing my lip as my eyes anxiously darted around.

Ten sighed, exasperated, "you're working yourself up into a fuss for no reason. He never hated you. For fuck's sake, the man got into a fight with a man who had a knife because he said that you were annoying. He didn't think twice. He didn't even consider the fact that you two had had a huge fall out."

"I suppose." I said, still chewing, "I just wish that we sorted everything out, but it's too late now. I just want one more day, laughing and messing around on duty, running from the cops and stealing cars or training together. I'd kill for it."

"He's up there, thinking of you." He simply replied, walking towards the church, "speaking of which, have you picked up your orders from boss? Apparently you've got an assassination."

I rolled my eyes, "I haven't even thought of boss. My mind has been constantly focused on Jay. I'll see him after."

"Sorry." Ten said, picking up on my sharp tone.

I shook my head, "it's fine. It's not your fault. Let's do this."

----------------FLASHBACK TO TWO YEARS AGO----------------

"Let's do this, Gguk." Jay said, the both of us hiding in a room, "just you and me. Fuck the back-up."

"The guy is a fucking psychopath, what do you mean 'fuck the back-up'?!" I whisper-shouted, watching our target's bodyguards swarm the place, nervously watching through the blurred window: the sound of clicking guns, bullets being reloaded and men speaking into walkie-talkies.

"You're an assassin, you've got this."

"Yes, I kill one specific person." I said, gesturing to all the men with gloved hands, blade glinting between my fingers as I did so, the onyx encrusted blade digging into my palm, "not his hundred fucking bodyguards!"

Jay turned to me with a sigh, his hacking device beeping, the computer whirring, "Gguk, I love you man, no homo, but shut the fuck up. You know you're good. All I need to do is delete this file and their walkie-talkies will be popping like chips in a pan or some shit."

"You could've just said that they'll self-destruct, you know."

"You could've also left your contacts out, but hey-ho." He replied, gesturing to my faux-grey eyes, "your purple suits your hair so well."

"Jay, you dyed my hair fucking pink." I hissed, "pink!"

"You told me to make you look like a flower."