sixty two

육십 이십

Taehyung's PoV;

Ready to storm in and ask Jeongguk what the actual fuck he was doing, I stopped once I heard voices coming from inside his room - my fingers laying lightly upon the handle.

"I'm only fucking babysitting you for the money, I don't like you. I probably never will, so mess this shit up and I swear I will make your life absolute hell. I won't even need to fucking kill you." Jeongguk hissed, his tone nasty and full of venom.

It sent shivers across my body knowing that the man I loved had the potential to be a monster, able to snap from his cutesy and soppy personality to a cold and heartless man in seconds.

"I wasn't even going to say anything." A voice whined.

Hold up.

Why the fuck was Jeongguk with Kai?!

I pushed back all of my previous thoughts, choosing to storm in into the hospital room just as Jeongguk was replying to Kai, "good, because if you fucking did, we know what'd happen."

Stomping in with an attitude: eyebrows raised and arms folded, I took in the sight before me. Ten was slouched along a chair, looking extremely uncomfortable as he munched on crisps. Jeongguk was, obviously, in his hospital bed: sat up, skin stained with blood as the bullet hole had visible stitches.

And there was Kai. Stood next to Jeongguk's head.

Far too close for my liking.

"Oh hey, Taehyung." Ten greeted, mouthful of food, "hey baby."

Taeyong smiled at his greeting, plopping himself comfortably on Ten's lap.

"Hey petal." Jeongguk waved.

"Don't 'hey petal' me. What the fuck is this?" I asked, tapping my foot.

"I-I can just leave. Yeah, I'll do just that." Kai announced, about to walk out when I stopped him.

"Uh, yeah. I don't think so." I hissed, "get back."

"Damn, the puppy is mad." Ten murmured.

"You didn't hear him in the car." Taeyong said in reply.

Jeongguk sighed, rubbing over his face with his hands. Kai nodded at my slight shove, looking awkward as he trudged back to his original position.

"I'll ask again, what the fuck is this?" I spat, turning to Taeyong, "why would you bring me to see him? Cheating on me with that?!"

Ten choked on his crisps, thumping at his chest as Taeyong stood up.

"What the fuck?" Both Taeyong and Jeongguk said at the same time.

"You think I'm cheating on you?" Jeongguk said, shocked, "with this fucking cretin?!"

"I get you don't like me, but do you have to personally attack me?" Kai said quietly.

"Well, what else would it be?" I said, throwing my hands up in the air, "oh yeah, by the way, your bully and me are best friends now? No!"

"It's actually the opposite." Kai mumbled.

"I'm sorry, was I fucking talking to you?" I seethed.

"No."

"Keep quiet, then!"

"Taehyung." Jeongguk said firmly.

"What?" I snapped my head back to him, "are you gonna tell me now?"

"I was gonna tell you as soon as you walked in, but you didn't give me much time." He replied, "Thanks, Taeyong, Ten. I'll see you later."

The duo nodded, wishing him well before departing.