eighty six

Taehyung's PoV;

As soon as I woke up, a dull and throbbing sensation pricked at my temples and bled over my forehead. The aftertaste of vodka, vomit and possibly cheap takeout, resigned in my mouth and I held back the urge to be sick. Somehow, the mere sight of the floor seemed to bright for my irises to cope.

I looked around, seeing Yoongi slumped on the floor. He had someone's jacket (unrecognisable - I presume it was someone's from the bar hops last night) thrown over his calves. His hair had been sprayed fire truck red, the evidence staining the floor and his white shirt. His black hair peaked out from beneath the dry colouring, making me wince at the sight.

I brought my hand up to my own hair, sighing in relief once I realised that it was still purple.

I rolled over, going to unlock my phone, only to find that it was dead and the screen was mucky with some sort of silly string. Unable to cope with it, or life at this moment, I threw it to the side with a huff.

I was about to ask Yoongi where Jimin and Jeongguk were, when loud banging could be heard against the cheap, wooden apartment door.

It probably wasn't that loud, but this hangover seemed to be amplifying even Yoongi's short and small breaths.

"Ugh, someone please shoot the door." I groaned, holding my hand to my head as the door banged.

"I'm literally going to fucking swing-" Yoongi muttered, face down on the ground.

"Good morning!" Jimin cheered, skipping in like he hadn't chugged two bottles of vodka last night, thrown up four times and cried over chicken at two in the morning. His hair was neat, he'd changed into a clean white shirt and navy jeans. His skin was glowing and clear, and I internally screamed at his luck.

Who the fuck looks that good after a night of downing spirits?!

Scratch that, who the fuck looks that good, this early?!

"Jimin, please. My head literally feels as though it's about to split." I murmured, squashing my face into the cushion. The fabric smelt strange, like noodles mixed with beer. I had a feeling that the cushion wasn't mine, and rather something that we'd stolen from a bar's booth.

"Unlucky." Jimin grinned, moving his hair before looking around with a frown, "where's Jeongguk?"

"Fuck knows. Think we left him at the club." Yoongi shrugged, nuzzling his nose into the rug.

Someone pounded on the door again, causing me and Yoongi to collectively groan.

Jimin had a puzzled look on his face, opening the door and throwing his head back in annoyance once it revealed the knocker.

"I've got good news and bad news." He yelled, me and Yoongi whimpering at his awfully loud voice, holding our heads in pain.

"Good news." I replied.

"I found Jeongguk."

"That's bad news." Yoongi muttered, pushing himself to his feet. I threw a cushion at his back, begging him to bring me some paracetamol on his way back from the kitchen.

"Who's at the door?" I shouted, holding my head as blood pulsed to it.

"That's the bad news."

Yoongi chucked a box of medicine at me, cocking his head towards Jimin as he walked. I let out another groan, standing up with a struggle and making my way towards the door, seeing Jimin leant against the frame.

"With all due respect, fuck off." I said, shaking my head at the sight of Namjoon.

He stood before us, looking awfully pitiful and guilty. One arm hung beside his side, his alternate hand holding his elbow as he glanced down at his feet.

I looked beyond him to see my fiancé. Looking very hungover and strangely comfortable as he laid on the floor.

"Hey, petal." Jeongguk waved, slumped over the stairs.

"Did you sleep out here? Are you fucking insane?! You could've got robbed, or got pneumonia or, or-"

"Cute." Jimin grinned.

Jeongguk simply groaned in response, rolling onto his back. He held one arm over his eyes, and one over his stomach.

"Hungover?" Namjoon tried to joke.

"Nah, just exhausted from, you know, attacking Taehyung." Jeongguk shrugged, cocky and petty even in his hungover state.

"Come on, baby, let's get you to a sofa or bed." I soothed, walking over to Jeongguk and attempting to pull him up, "your back must be hurting so badly."

He let me pull him up, one arm around my shoulders as he limped into the house.

"Why are you limping?" I asked, concerned as I led him to the sofa.

"I think I bruised my leg or some shit." He shrugged, flopping onto the sofa.

"Namjoon wants to talk to you, both of you." Jimin said, pointing back at the elder, "what do you want to do?"

I looked at Jeongguk, who shook his head gently with a small smile, "it's up to you, petal. He's more your friend than mine."

"I'll let him talk. Bring him in, I'm just going to get Jeongguk some water and a heat pack."

Jimin nodded, gesturing for Namjoon to come in.

I offered him a small, awkward smile out of habit before walking to the kitchen.

"Hey, uh, you should really use ice. Not heat." Namjoon spoke softly, looking down at his hands.

I nodded although he couldn't see, hearing Jimin telling Yoongi to 'get up off the floor, you cuck', whilst I filled up a cup with water, grabbing an ice pack from the freezer. 

I walked back in to see Jimin lightly kicking Yoongi's side, his pink-socked toes barely touching Yoongi's body.

Jeongguk was sprawled out on the sofa, currently attempting to braid a piece of (sprayed green) hair. He'd clearly wiggled out of his jeans, laying in his oversized black t-shirt and some navy briefs. A huge, purple/blue bruise stained his leg, the colours blooming over pale skin like a touch of watercolour to a canvas.

"Here you go." I said, placing the water beside him.

"Thanks, petal." He replied, patting my butt gently.

I sat down where Jeongguk's body didn't manage to sprawl, putting my feet up on the table as I looked at Namjoon.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I kinda, uh, need a favour."

"Can't you ask someone else?"

"No. Only Jeongguk can really help."

"And you think I'm gonna help after what you said?" Jeongguk cocked a brow, midway through sipping his water (making him look very sassy), "do I look like a pushover to you?"

"No! No, no. Not that."

"Well, what then?" I asked, confused.

"I need Jeongguk to kill someone."