eighty two

"That's right, you're doing great." Jeongguk praised to the shy elder, "you're a natural! Are you sure that you've never done Taekwondo?"

Woosung giggled, brushing his messy hair out of his face. He let his other arm fall to his side, away from the broken wood held in Jeongguk's hands. 

"Never, I swear. You're just a really good teacher." 

Jeongguk pretended to throw hair over his shoulder, pulling a smug face. 

"I know." 

Woosung rolled his eyes, grabbing his lemonade and taking a sip, cooling down as Jeongguk walked over to his phone.

He laughed as Jeongguk groaned, "I have to take this. I don't want to."

Woosung flicked his hand, telling him that it was alright. He began picking up the little bits of wood that he'd broken with kicks and chops, following Jeongguk's instructions and examples. Jeongguk picked up the phone, tapping his fingers against the table out of annoyance.

"What do you want?" Jeongguk asked.

"You know, a 'hello' is usually how people greet one another, Jeon." Jong-in said, his confidence coating the pain in his voice.

"Whatever. What's up?"

Woosung smiled at the angry tone in his voice and the look on his face. Jeongguk truly was his inspiration, a bundle of happiness amidst scars and pain from the past. He was intrigued by how Jeongguk went though all that he did, and still managed to put other people before himself. It made Woosung cringe at the fact that he sobbed for weeks over his parent's divorce and moving between two homes constantly before being dragged to China, away from all his friends and family.

"Nothing. I just wanted to talk to you, you know. Since we're brother's in law, and all that." Jong-in replied, thanking the waitress for bringing him more napkins.

"Cut the shit."

"Okay, fuck. I need your help."

"Well, there's a shock." Jeongguk muttered sarcastically, "I can't. I'm training Woosung."

"Jeongguk, please."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"I'll phone Taehyung."

Woosung's face lit up at the sound of Jeongguk's soulmate's name, finding their relationship beautiful and something he envied. He wanted to feel the same way they did, and look at someone else the way they looked at each other. He wanted someone to call him nicknames, pet his hair and press sweet kisses to his nose. Woosung wanted to be like Jeongguk, and if he couldn't - he wanted someone like Jeongguk. He didn't like Jeongguk in that way, he simply liked his qualities. He didn't see Jeongguk in a romantical way - he was his role model.

"Ugh, fine. You're a fucking dickhead, and I will break both your legs if you're wanting help on maths homework."

"Jeo-"

Jeongguk hung up, snatching up his keys and cocking his head towards the door.

"Come on, kid. Let's go meet the bane of my life."

-----------------------------

Jeongguk pulled up outside where Jong-in was, cursing at Jong-in's shittily texted directions. He never knew that you could turn left and drive forwards into a dead end, and then turn right again.

Woosung flinched at the screech, wondering why Jeongguk used a stolen car rather than buying his own but shrugging it off as he got out.

"Stupid fucking kid. Fucking does my head in." Jeongguk cursed, slamming his door and offering a pained, sweet smile to Woosung - who still had no idea who Jeongguk was so mad about.