ninety three

Taehyung's PoV;

I groaned, rubbing over my face with my hands after telling Jeongguk to 'go put some damn clothes on, you voyeuristic shit'. I don't know what his obsession was with being naked, but I wasn't exactly complaining.

I greeted my traumatised guests, Yoongi's face the least bothered (he was used to Jeongguk's antics). Namjoon made an awkward joke about dicks, Jimin silently walking in with wide eyes. That left Hoseok, who offered me a one-sided smile, shy. I sighed, muttering a half-assed apology that I didn't really mean, but I felt as though I should say it - since I knew Jeongguk's stubborn ass wouldn't. Plus, he had just greeted them all butt naked, so I think the least they deserved was an apology.

I moved to the side, allowing him to enter the apartment.

Jeongguk came down as soon as Hoseok walked in, the younger giving him an icy one-over and a sneer.

Tactfully, Hoseok licked his lips quickly and meekly sat beside Jimin, attempting to avoid Yoongi's and Namjoon's slapstick fight.

Jeongguk slumped onto the sofa, legs open and arms crossed over his stomach. I held back a laugh as Jimin attempted to copy, but choked as he set his head back too far.

"What do you want?" Jeongguk asked, cocking a brow at Hoseok, "that's fucking twice that I've had to save your ass from a gun. Not even Jong-in is as incompetent as you."

Hoseok bowed his head down, looking at his feet.

"I-I just wanted to say thank you."

"I didn't do it for you." Jeongguk sighed, "I did it for your friends."

"Still. I appreciate it."

"Whatever." Jeongguk sulked.

I think he was mildly pissed that we couldn't have morning snuggles, since we'd been interrupted by them. Each time we woke up after sex, he'd always snuggle into me, holding me tightly and kissing any marks that he deemed harsh. He'd cover my face with little, pouty kisses, finishing it off with one big smooch on my chin or nose.

Yoongi nudged Hoseok, encouraging him to say something.

"I also want to say s-sorry." Hoseok mumbled.

"For what?" Jeongguk brattily challenged.

"For being a dick about your relationship with Tae. For thinking you were gonna kill him and shit." Hoseok muttered, a light pink flush coming to his cheeks.

Jeongguk grinned, his ego currently being stroked since he was being proven right. He webbed his palms, resting the back of his head on them as he chuckled victoriously.

"Would you look at that? Jeongguk was right, once again." Jeongguk said sarcastically, "what a shock."

"Ggukie, be quiet." I giggled, slapping his chest lightly.

"A-and, Taemin wants to speak to you."

The grin fell of Jeongguk's face, and he sat forward.

"I'm not falling for this shit."

"I'm being genuine. He said to meet him in the city centre, or as I quote, 'he'll blow Jeong-ja's pretty brains out.'"

"He fucking won't." Jeongguk hissed, standing to his feet, shoving on his leather jacket. He grabbed his phone, calling someone.

"Jay, where's Chae-Rin?" He asked hurriedly, "... she fucking isn't. Taemin's got Jeong-ja... no, I'm not fucking with you... meet me now at the centre. Bring Tae... no, not my Tae, the other Tae, Taeyong."

We all sat awkwardly as Jeongguk attempted to communicate with Jay.

"Fuck it, whatever. Bring the brat, I don't care. If he fucks up, it's on you."

After that, he hung up, muttering something about Jong-in being an 'absolute dickhead, how did he accidentally kill a newbie?!'

"Alright, petal. I'll see you later. I'll sort Taemin out, bring 'Ja to Chae-Rin's and then I'll be home." Jeongguk said, pressing a chaste kiss on my lips, patting my thigh gently before turning to the others, "all stay here. I don't want you coming."

——————
Narrator's PoV;

As Jeongguk departed the apartment complex in a rush, he failed to notice the suspicious duo of men in the stairwell. Thinking nothing more than it being just two men dressed in a black hoodies, he missed the dragon tattoos on their palms and back of necks.

Quickly breaking into a nearby car, he stomped on the gas after hotwiring it panickedly, speeding to the centre.

Watching the assassin speed off, the two men began to creep up the stairs, making their way to the apartment door that he'd recently left.

They knocked on the door normally, Yoongi cluelessly getting up and answering it. Taehyung, stood in the hallway, hanging up the coats that fell when Jeongguk yanked his off.

"Make one fucking noise, and this gun will go straight through your brain." Hoseok hissed, Namjoon and Jimin turning their attention to the man stood behind them, pointing the barrel down at them.

They simply blinked, waiting for him to start laughing and joking, internally praying that their best friend really hadn't betrayed them so severely.

They nodded, silently bringing their hands above their head. Namjoon and Jimin exchanged a glance, looking away before realising that the eye contact was their only comfort. Namjoon noticed how Jimin's eyes began to tear up, and he wanted nothing more than just to pull Hoseok over the sofa, rip the gun away from his hands and help Jimin. But he couldn't, he didn't have the courage, plus he had to consider what would happen to Taehyung and Yoongi if he disobeyed Hoseok, so he stayed still.

Taehyung and Yoongi, oblivious to the sight that was metres away, carried on with what they were doing.

Yoongi opened the door, revealing two hooded men.

One of the men extended his arm, opening his palm to shake Yoongi's hand.

Out of the corner of his eye, Taehyung noticed the familiar tattoo. He thought back to when he'd discovered who Jeongguk really was, recognising the dragon from a rival gang - the one that had beaten Ten and Taeyong.

He was about to shout to Yoongi not to touch him, when one of the men stoned in, gun pointed at Taehyung. He walked backwards, pacing his steps until he hit the wall.

The other man smacked the gun over Yoongi's head, falling dozy as he was hoisted over the man's shoulder. He was slipping in and out of consciousness, evident by the way his eyes kept rolling back before snapping open.

He turned his head, seeing that Namjoon and Jimin were currently kneeling, arms raised in surrender.

He squeezed his eyes shut, realising that he was well and truly fucked. They were doomed.

Jeongguk had taught Taehyung how to fight, and use a blade in times of emergency. But he couldn't fight off three armed men, without the risk of at least one person getting shot.

Plus, Namjoon and Jimin didn't know how to fight. Yoongi was barely conscious.

He slipped his gaze over to Hoseok, glaring as he shook his head.

"And after all we did for you." Taehyung hissed.

"I'd keep quiet if I was you." The man snapped.

"Oh really? Aren't I too valuable? I'm Jeongguk's number one fucking weakness, I'm his bait. You can't shoot me." Taehyung rolled his eyes, knowing that he was barking more than biting, "his only weaknesses are me and his sister."

"What about Jay Park? Yoon Bora? Lee Taeyong?" Hoseok questioned.

"They can defend themselves easily. They're in the fucking gang." Taehyung snapped.

"So, you and her are his only weaknesses?" Hoseok questioned, though he already knew.

"Obviously. Are you fucking stupid?"

Hoseok chose to ignore the reply he'd asked for, "let's see who he chooses."