sixty one

육십

Taehyung's PoV;

Feeling tears well up in my eyes, I sighed whilst staring at the eviction notice in my hands. In bold letters it told me to be out of my home in two weeks.

My student loan hadn't been enough to keep paying my rent, and I assumed that because the landlord was lenient, they'd let me off. They didn't, simply yelling at me and telling me that they're moving someone else in - so even if I had the money, I couldn't do shit.

Since my parents were dead, I didn't have their monthly income - which they sent to turn me straight. I know. I don't understand it either, but it was free money, so who was I to care?

Of course, I had plenty of people to move in with, but I hated the feeling of being a burden. With no proper, plentiful income, I'd just be a freeloader who took up space.

I knew I could move in with Jeongguk, but this little house was full of memories and the fact that I was being forced to move out made me even more reluctant to leave. All those nights with everyone, laughing or crying at films. All those mornings: couples showering together, me preparing sandwiches for Jimin, Hoseok, Taemin and Jeongguk, covering a still-napping Yoongi up with a blanket and having deep talks with Jin and Namjoon. Yeontan's home, where he grew from a tiny puppy to a nearly full-sized dog. 

The small stuff, like the scuff in the wall from Jeongguk's excited running, scratching the paint with his shoe as he ran to hug me. The crack on the kitchen counter from where Jeongguk and Hoseok played the knife game. The chew marks on the cupboard door from Yeontan's teething episodes.

I was startled from my pit of sadness as my phone started to ring.

Walking over to the kitchen, seeing Yeontan jumping up for the leftover chicken on the table, I picked up - seeing that it was Taeyong calling.

"Hey." I said.

"Heyy." He said, sounding guilty, "okay, so, uh.."

"What?"

"Jeongguk, maybe, kinda got shot?"

"What?!"

"Yeah, I'm outside your house. It's like deja-vu, he-"

I hung up on him, putting Yeontan in his cage and rushing outside. I shuffled towards the familiar green sports car, ripping open the door and slamming down.

"Jesus, you're quick. Jeongguk must love your stamina." Taeyong murmured, reversing out from the drive and turning to drive down the road.

"Is he okay?"

"Well, he got shot so-"

"How did he get shot? I thought he was supposed to be an assassin!"

"Yeah, that's the issue. Jeongguk will tell you how it all went down, it's not my business."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeongguk's PoV;

HALF AN HOUR PRIOR TO TAEYONG'S AND TAEHYUNG'S CONVERSATION!!

"I swear to fucking god, must you anger every single powerful pimp?!" I seethed, dragging Jong-in behind me as I ran through murky alleyways.

"I didn't mean to! I swear!"

"Why does Boss let you out?" I said, seemingly to myself as I yanked him down to crouch beside the bins.

I reloaded my gun, chucking the empty bullets to my side. I tucked it into my waistband, exposed as I passed my jacket to Jong-in, who was shivering as a result of the pouring rain that he'd got caught in. During his running to find shelter, he'd bumped into two of the richest pimps in Seoul, pissing the duo off. I'd been examining assassin reports in a nearby café when I saw him running.