ninety four

"Let's see who he chooses."

As soon as Hoseok said that, an evil grin spreading across his face, Taehyung felt his heart stop.

Unlike other times where he'd been frightened and his heart would beat rapidly, it didn't. It stopped.

His mouth dried and his chest felt tight.

"What?" Taehyung asked through a humourless laugh, though he heard exactly what Hoseok had said.

"Hoseok, what the fuck? You're supposed to be our friend. You were our best friend." Yoongi whispered, his words falling deaf on Hoseok's ears. Hoseok ignored the pain in Yoongi's voice, he ignored the silent tear slipping down Jimin's cheek and he ignored the tears brimming in Namjoon's eyes.

Yoongi had slipped back into consciousness, still held over the mystery guy's shoulder. Blood seeped into his dyed black roots, matting it together and giving it a mild copper look, the wound inflicted from the harsh butt of the gun.

"You can blame all this shit on Taehyung." Hoseok grumbled, tapping the end of the gun against Jimin's and then Namjoon's heads, encouraging them to stand.

"You can blame all this shit on yourself. You fucking narcissistic prick." Taehyung hissed, knowing that he was ironically safe for now. They needed him as bait for Jeongguk, so they couldn't kill him. "You didn't really break up with Taemin, did you?"

"We never really dated. So no, we didn't break up. We were partners in crime, maybe fuckbuddies occasionally." Hoseok confessed lazily.

"Why are you doing this?" Taehyung asked, shaking his head in disappointment and betrayal.

"Your soulmate is in our rival gang. He's one of the best workers there, if we weaken him, then we can take over the gang." Hoseok shrugged, "we have two options. We kill him, or we kill either you or Jeong-ja."

"That wouldn't fucking make him quit. That would make him kill you." Namjoon scoffed, "he's not stupid."

"If he's my soulmate, why are you involving these three? They haven't done jack shit." Taehyung asked before Hoseok had the chance to backchat to Namjoon.

"They're secondary targets. They're your weaknesses, right?"

Taehyung, defeated at his attempt to set his friends free, simply slumped against the wall with his teeth clamped over his tongue.

Whatever answer he gave would impose a further risk of death towards his best friends, and he just hoped that they'd be set free in a bit.

"Now, you're going to get in a car. You'll sit, silently, for the entire ride. No complaints. When prompted, you will walk." Hoseok instructed, pushing Jimin and Namjoon to walk.

Yoongi reached his hands out to Jimin and Namjoon, Jimin clutching onto it for dear life and Namjoon hooking his index finger around Yoongi's thumb.

"Fucking watch it." Taehyung snarled at the guy, who had grabbed his shoulders. With a kick to the ankle and a gun between his shoulder blades, he reluctantly walked.

————————

Oblivious to the event that had just happened, Jeongguk parked beside Jay's car.

Seeing Jong-in looking for something in the boot, he slammed his own car door.

"What's happening?" Jay asked, cocking his head towards Jeongguk, who was fuming.

"Lee fucking Taemin, part of the dragon clan. Holding 'Ja at gunpoint."

Jay raised his eyebrows, Jong-in frowning.