seventeen

say the name

십칠

Taehyung's PoV;

I giggled, watching Jeongguk dance on the picnic bench at the park.

After eating our slice of cake and talking about our day, he'd bagged up the leftovers and we'd left.

We'd picked up a bottle of spirit, drinking it as we walked through the town, laughing obnoxiously loud at one another with pink-flushed cheeks.

"Now blow it like a flute- woo ooh ooh, show me what it do - woo ooh ooh!" Jeongguk sang whatever song he had on his mind loudly, shaking his hips on the old collection of wood, the material damp and squeaking under his shoes.

"Jeongguk!" I laughed, covering my mouth.

He put the glass bottle of alcohol down, rubbing at his eyes before he continued to dance to the music that came from his mouth.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!" He said, doing whatever choreography went with the song, slipping and stumbling on the table. The wet wood, alongside his drunkenness probably didn't help stabilise his balance, judging by the way he threw his arms around and flailed.

I'd never been drunk before, so the way that my head span and my legs felt numb was foreign to me.

So when Jeongguk offered a hand out to me to join him on his drunken dancing on a park table, at one in the morning, I didn't think twice about agreeing.

I let him pull me up, unashamed of his hands on my waist, pulling me close as we danced.

He took a swig from the bottle, leaning his head back as he swallowed the liquid that burnt its way down your throat.

Cautiously, I tiptoed closer to him and pressed a fluttering kiss on his Adam's apple.

He looked at me with mild shock before winking playfully.

"Taehyungie wants a kissy-wissy!" He shrieked in delight, holding my cheeks with his finger and thumb, squashing my face and making my lips pout.

He pressed a kiss to my lips, making an overexaggerated smooching sound as he pulled away. I subconsciously ran my tongue over my bottom lip, able to taste the sour alcohol from Jeongguk's mouth on mine.

This was strangely fun.

Sharing drunken kisses in a dark park was fun, I'd never done anything of the sort.

Sure, I'd had a few boyfriends in the past. Only flings, since I didn't have a soulmate so nothing was serious. I'd had kisses, but none of them compared to the way Jeongguk's lips felt on mine - whether he was sober or drunk.

Jeongguk stumbled, slipping and falling onto his ass on the wet table.

He groaned, complaining at the feeling of damp jeans and a damp shirt as he laid down.

Shrugging, I sat on his stomach as I peered down at him with curious eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked, hiccupping afterwards.

"Jeonggukie hurt." He pouted.

"Oh no." I said, tearing up, "ambulance?"

"Mm. No." He said, pretending to reach for something in the sky before croaking and falling down, "my love, I make one last wish."

I laughed at his extra ass, "and what will that be?"

"A kiss from the pretty flower prince, the delightful petal."

I blushed at his words, the alcohol no longer feigning confidence.

I leaned down, pressing a kiss to his lips and laughing when he suddenly jumped up, gaining energy.

"My prince has saved me. Jeongguk is alive and well!" He stood up, fist pumping the air like a character in a game after a mission had been completed.

I didn't realise how drunk I was, until I attempted to join Jeongguk on the floor and instead ungracefully stumbled and fell flat on my face.

I groaned, hearing Jeongguk laugh in the background - an unsympathetic and unhelpful drunk.

"Your prince is dead." I mumbled.

"We must return home!" He said, almost like a lightbulb lit above his head.

Speaking of lightbulbs, I really wish there was some light instead of the light from Jeongguk's phone as he drunk-texted someone. From some of the responses Jeongguk read out, I presumed it was either Yoongi or Taemin, judging by the sarcasticness.

Then again, Jeongguk was pretty wasted so he could've been reading his own texts.

Maybe he could've been reading nothing, just making it up as he went along.

I rolled over, arm on my stomach as I looked up at the sky.

The stars looked pretty in the onyx sky, twinkling like diamonds under a light.

I was happily admiring the stars, until Jeongguk suddenly popped his head over and blocked my vision.

"Let's go!" He said.

"I don't want to move."

"I'll move you then."

I shrugged, expecting him to push me along the floor with his feet or hands.

And so, when he unexpectedly picked me up, I squealed.

He'd hooked his arms under the backs of my knees and my upper back, carrying me like a bride.

I wrapped my arms around his tattooed neck, terrified of him dropping me in his lacking state of soberness.

In my state of drunkenness, I failed to do three things.

One;

I failed to stay stable and ended up ranting to him and crying about my lack of a soulmate on the way home, sobbing into his chest.

He cooed, saying gentle words to me and occasionally pressing a kiss to my forehead, telling me that everything would be fine and that I didn't need a soulmate.

Two; 

I failed to hold back my restraint and ended up allowing him to kiss my neck and jaw after we got home, laying on his bed.

He kissed and bit in all the right places, leaving soft red marks that would soon bloom into a field of purple and lilac flowers, darker purples on my collarbones. 

However, we didn't fuck.

So I didn't totally make my life awkward.

Three;

I failed to notice that Jeongguk's eyes were neither faux-blue nor natural brown.