twenty seven

스물 일곱

Taehyung's PoV;

"What do you mean, only worthy of a C?!" Jeongguk fumed as I sulked about my grade, walking me to literature.

"I don't even know. I handed my book over and she occasionally went, 'good' or 'great' but never 'creative' or 'well done!', I redid like four projects and all I get is a C. I'm giving up, I'm actually sick of it." I pouted, exhaling deeply from my nose.

"But it was so good!" Jeongguk complained.

"Clearly not in her eyes. Maybe I should drop it." I questioned myself, turning the corridors.

I noticed Jeongguk had stopped walking and so I turned around to see him, jaw clenched and heel tapping on the floor - something I noticed that he did whenever he tried to calm himself down.

A cute little quirk.

"What?" I asked.

"You can't just give up that quickly. You're so good at it, I can't believe you'd even consider dropping it."

"Well, I can't be that good if she gave me a C. Besides, you're good at everything and you don't even go to half your lessons." I sulked, a stroppy tone coating my whining.

"I do easy subjects, Taehyung, of course I'm good at them. If I went into literature now, I wouldn't even know what a noun is." He replied, both of us standing in the middle of the empty corridors.

I was late.

Thankfully, it was only literature.

He wouldn't even notice if I didn't show up, so me being five minutes late won't change his mind.

"I'm sure you know what a noun is."

Jeongguk shrugged, "not a clue."

"But, everyone knows what a noun is!"

"I'm not everyone."

"It's so easy though!"

"Exactly, you find it easy, which shows that you're smarter than what you think. So, stop doubting yourself."

I frowned, my moody mind causing me to overthink the situation and assume that he was looking for an argument.

"Jeongguk, I'm on a D in literature. Speaking of which, as much as I love standing in this freezing corridor, nearly ten minutes late, isn't going to raise my grade."

He cocked an eyebrow at the tone in my voice, clicking his tongue as he spun on his heel and turned away from me, calmly walking down the corridor and leaving me alone.

Well, I knew that I insinuated that I wanted to go to lesson and finish the conversation, but I didn't think he'd actually do it.

Do I follow him?

Going along with my heart, I tiptoed round and saw that he was gone.

I didn't know what lesson he had, so I couldn't go see him.

Sighing, I trudged into literature in an even worse mood, noticing how sir's eyes didn't even flick to me as I stomped to my seat. I sat down, feeling some stares on me which were just simple curious looks, before everyone turned their eyes back to the board.

I rummaged around my bag, ready to pull my art book out and maybe do some sketches but I couldn't find it.

Where did I put it?

I don't think it's at home, I cleaned up and I would've seen it.

I must've left it in class.