fifty eight

쉰 여덟

Taehyung's PoV;

"Hey, petal." Jeongguk called, and I looked over at him from the hotel balcony - more entranced in him and his eyes rather than the beautiful view of the luxurious Hong Kong.

"Hm?" I hummed in a questioning response.

"Come here."

"Why?" I asked, walking over regardless.

I sat opposite him on the cosy bed, empty teacups beside cigarettes - some squished in the ash tray and others simply laying around on the bedside table (which squeaked each time you shut the draw).

With a huff, and a slight struggle due to his wrist, he pulled me onto his crossed-legged lap, our chests together.

"I want to show you something."

Nodding daintily, I watched through fond eyes as gentle fingers nimbly brushed my hair from my eyes - which were nearly closing as a result of the satisfying action.

"You know the other week, after the dinner with your parents?" Jeongguk asked.

I found myself nodding before I even thought about it, lilac eyes hypnotising me as they inspected my face lovingly.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"You said something that shattered my heart." Jeongguk spoke, his voice husky yet soft as a result of tiredness.

"What?" I whispered, holding his face in my hands, scanning his eyes desperately for answers.

"You said that I didn't have time for you."

After saying this, one of his hands left my hair to rest upon my own hand, holding it firmly with some sort of delicacy.

"I just wanted you to know that my everything is yours. My day, those twenty-four hours, they belong to you. My stars, the way I look upon them when I can't sleep, they're yours. My eyes, every single hue and speck of colour is yours. My tattoos, the permanent disfigurements, that ink is yours - down to the very last petal. My hands, they're yours to hold. My body, your shield." He spoke, voice gentle as though he was afraid of startling me.

I stared deeply into his eyes, too afraid to look away incase it was all a dream and Jeongguk was simply just a beautiful nightmare - a figure formed from the depths of a creative mind.

"My faith, is yours. And however you decide to toy with it, is totally up to you - along with my love and trust."

I began to swoon, falling in love even deeper (if that was possible at this point) as more promise fell from his sincere lips.

"I love you, Kim Taehyung. And if you ever believe that I don't have the time for you - come and see me, and I'll show you that you're wrong. No matter what I'm doing." He said, "if I'm painting, come and sit on my lap and I'll nuzzle my chin onto your head. If I'm dancing, jump on my back and I'll carry you, make you laugh. If I'm working out, lay beneath me and I'll press kisses all over your face. All my time is yours, every minute, every hour. Please don't ever forget that. You mean everything to me."

My eyesight was blurry as a result of the happy tears that had pricked my eyes. The salty happiness pooled in my lids, Jeongguk wiping any that spilt with his rough thumb - which felt like velvet against my skin.

"And I'll show you. I'll show you how much you mean to me, how much time I have for you, how much I adore you." Jeongguk said, "I'll show you my love."

--------------------------------

Narrator's PoV;

Taehyung tested Jeongguk's promises, not because he was insincere about what he'd said, but because he wanted to see how much he meant to Jeongguk. He knew it was a lot, more than anything, but he wanted to see how he'd express it.