twenty six

이십 육

Taehyung's PoV;

"Are you enjoying yourself, petal?" Jeongguk whispered into my ear, arms around my waist as he pressed his chest to my back whilst I stood with some of Taeyong's friends.

If the petname wasn't enough to make me blush, the position sure was.

I could literally feel his abs against my lower back.

I nodded eagerly, "I'm loving it here. Busan is so cool."

"I suppose." He said, resting his chin on the expanse of skin where my neck met my shoulder, tilting his head in time to the rap song currently playing on a loud speaker, "have you had a drink yet?"

"I'm not thirsty." I replied.

"No, not water." He laughed, "I meant, have you had a birthday drink yet? You know, booze?"

"Oh!" I said, cheeks heating up further, "no, I haven't."

"Let me make you one!" He clapped his hands together cutely.

He dragged me to Taeyong's kitchen, where a few groups huddled together and smoked cigarettes that smelt strange, yet Jeongguk remained unbothered by the stares as he ushered me to sit on the chair across from the island in the kitchen.

I sat on the squishy white chair, hearing the worn leather creak as I shifted, watching as Jeongguk flung cups around.

He looked extra good tonight. 

He wore a silky shirt, the black fabric adorned with spots of white stars. He tucked this into a pair of black skinny jeans, his knees and parts of his thighs exposed due to the rips. He'd finished off the look with a pair of white trainers and a slight dusting of red eyeshadow on his lids, blue contacts in and a good ruffling of his hair.

Looking nowhere near as good as Jeongguk, I'd pulled on a white shirt striped with black, ash grey skinny jeans (which apparently made my butt look cute, according to Jeongguk) and a red bomber jacket. I'd slipped on a snapback to cover up my slightly greasy hair.

After a minute of tipsy struggle, Jeongguk managed to find two (clean) cups.

"Fucking hell. I don't know who tidies up in this house, but they need to learn that plastic cups don't go in the plate cupboard." He murmured, picking up bottles of booze and other stuff and bringing it back to his workbench.

"Wouldn't you just leave the cups out?"

"That's what you'd think, but Taeyong is a fucking idiot." He laughed as he picked up the glass bottle of spirit.

He poured some into each glass, working his hands like a magician. 

He picked up a smaller bottle, smiling at my squeals as the droplets from the container turned the drink lilac. 

He then picked up another container, shaking it into the drinks and causing purple glitter to swim around in the drink, shimmering under Taeyong's cheap kitchen lights, the bulb being far too bright.

"Drink up, petal." He said as he slid the cup over to me.

"What is this?" I asked, staring at the liquid.

"Purple petals." He murmured, "I just made that name up. It's vodka, purple food colouring and sugar glitter."

I took a sip from the cup, shuddering as the strong spirit burned its way down my throat, "fu-ck, that's strong."

Jeongguk, midway through downing the drink, looks at me from the side of his eyes before setting his cup down and exhaling shakily. 

--------------------------------------