four

Taehyung's PoV;

"Does anyone sit here?" A boy with black hair asked, pointing to the seat across from me.

"Course not." I pointed to myself, "little flower boy here isn't well liked."

I immediately cringed at my awkwardness, covering my reddening face with my hands as I pretended to pick something up from the floor.

How embarrassing.

This is probably why no one likes me.

I'm not convinced it's the flower thing.

I think it's my sheer social awkwardness.

I sat back up, finally mustering the confidence to face the world as I silently prayed that the boy had left.

I moved my hands to see the boy chuckling, pulling out equipment from his bag.

It became clear that he wanted to stay.

Or did he?

Unless he had no choice, maybe that's why he stayed.

That was most likely the case/

I looked around, seeing that there was plenty of empty chairs and tables, yet he came to sit at the "flower boy" table at the back.

No lie.

Someone had literally carved that into the table alongside a massive dick which was labelled with my name.

Rather creative.

"So, I'm not entirely complaining but why did you sit with me?" I asked awkwardly, refusing to meet his eyes as I sharpened my pencil.

"I don't know. You just seemed like the only kid in here who actually knew who Van Gogh was and had a genuine interest in art, not just taking it for an easy lesson. As I walked in, I had a boy ask me if green was a primary colour. I laughed, thinking he was joking." The kid sighed, pausing before laughing, "he wasn't joking."

I chuckled at his horrified face, which was when I'd noticed that I'd built up the confidence to look at after he'd said I was the 'only kid'.

"I told him it wasn't and his friend slapped him on the arm, telling him that he was stupid because it's obviously a tertiary colour. I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was a secondary colour, nor did I have the patience to explain why." He said, flicking through his book until he found his page, "I was mentally breaking down, trying to think of where to sit. I didn't want to sit by myself, as I don't really fancy the idea of having a conversation with the teacher. I like sitting by myself but sometimes I like to sit with someone even if we're in silence. I like the feeling, even if we don't know eachother. Then, I saw you and I thanked my lucky stars and I just prayed you weren't a copy of them."

I laughed, the sound seemingly foreign to the classroom, judging by the quick glares, yet the boy seemed unbothered as he laughed along.

The laughter died down and left us in silence and I found myself watching his hands as he delicately held a pencil between his fingers, sketching a line faintly. His bottom lip was tucked behind his teeth as he stared in concentration, tufts of black hair falling over his face.

He was annoyingly handsome.

Who is even that attractive at seventeen or eighteen?!

I then realised I was staring, so I widened my eyes and quickly shuffled to the storage room.

If he already didn't find me weird, he definitely did by now.

Exhaling in mild annoyance at my antics, I picked a book up from the shelf and left the room.