nineteen

십구

Taehyung's PoV;

"And the balcony scene represents Juliet's signif-" The teacher droned on and on, talking about Juliet's angelic features as she stood in a window, calling for Romeo.

We were going through the homework, which I'd done months in advance, now causing me to regret the action as I stared at the table, head on my arms.

I wished that I had art today, so that I could rant to Jeongguk about this crab-faced teacher who inferred way too much into the play of Romeo and Juliet. Apparently the length of her words was significant. 

I couldn't personally see it myself.

I held back a smile as I thought of Jeongguk, his constant cursing and loud laughing.

It was strange to think that he was my soulmate, despite his disinterest in love, and it was even weirder to think that he was the kid I'd met on the streets weeks ago - beaten and bruised.

I heard a knock on the door, silently praying that it was the principle calling us for an assembly or someone - something, to take us away from this man.

Please.

"Just need to pass something onto Kim Taehyung, sir." A voice said, answering my prayers.

I snapped my head up at the familiar voice and when the voice said my name, my heart melted.

Jeongguk.

He was stood in the doorway, something in his hands and his bag on his shoulder.

I revelled in the way that Jeongguk's voice went deeper when he was speaking formally, dipping into his Busan dialect.

Ugh.

It was the hottest thing ever and it was something that Yoongi and I agreed on, since it was a knack that both Jeongguk and Jimin did occasionally, usually subconsciously.

"Make it quick. I'm trying to teach here." The teacher snapped.

"Well, that is your job." Jeongguk replied cockily, rolling his eyes as the teacher shouted.

"Jeon Jeongguk! Leave this classroom in an instant!" He yelled.

A couple of kids, including Taemin, jumped and flinched. I'm pretty sure that Taemin choked on the water that he was drinking.

"Fucking hell. Give me a minute, pops."

I giggled at Jeongguk's disobedience, something that never failed to amuse me. He continued to walk over to me despite the teacher's raging.

"Okay so, this is the painting thing you wanted and I signed it. Also, I need to go back to Busan for like five days." Jeongguk said as he pulled out a chair, not bothering to be quiet as he sat beside me.

At this point, the teacher had given up trying to tame him and simply returned to teaching, getting digs in every now and again.

Jeongguk didn't care.

"What? Why?" I spluttered.

"I need to help my uncle move out of his house."

"Why will it take you so long?" I whined, pouting.

"I need a break from school. It's all building up and I feel like I'll crack again. I can't go back to the way I was." Jeongguk sighed, "it's not good."

"Are you sure you'll be okay? You know, considering everything that went on in, uh, there."

He nodded, raking his hair back, "I'll have to be, won't I?"

I pulled a sympathetic face that came off like a grimace.

"Anyway, I'll see you soon. I'm sorry for leaving you in art. Draw me a picture?"

I nodded.

He pulled me into a quick hug, ruffling my hair after we pulled apart.

"See ya' later pops." He said to the teacher.

"Jeon!"

"Hm?"

"Leave my classroom!"

"The fuck do you think I'm doing?"

I shook my head, laughing at his cockiness.