seventy seven

일흔 일곱

Jeongguk's PoV;

"Just like old times, ey, bunny?" Jay grinned happily as he exited the car, swinging the keys around on his finger.

"You still gonna buy me some food?" I replied cheekily, earning a snort as we walked to Boss' office.

"Depends. You still good at your job?"

"Beat all the records." I shrugged, pretending like it was no big deal (it was a huge fucking deal, having to get myself physically fit and learn how to use weapons - as they say, Rome was not built in a day).

"Now, there's a shock." He murmured sarcastically, holding the door as we stepped through, "joking, I always knew you'd make it."

"Yeah, I do like my job. It's huge payments, and the people we kill are usually horrible, so no stress." I said, scrunching my nose up, "I just don't like how long me and Tae have to be apart. Like, I'm not gonna see him for two weeks. How much does that suck?"

"Two weeks without Bora testing her makeup on me? Fucking glorious." Jay joked, "but yeah, I get what you mean."

"I did wonder why your lips were kinda red, and your cheek is very sparkly."

"Lipstick and highlighter. Banes of my fucking life." He groaned.

"I know how you feel, bro. In dance, we do makeup, and Jimin goes absolutely overboard. He once glued my eye shut!" I replied, my voice full of pain, "and when he plucked my brows? God, I thought I was going to die."

"Wimp." He snorted, "anyway, here we are. I'm excited."

"Ah, yes. Cannot wait to see pig-faced prick."

"Jeon, I can hear you." Boss grumbled, shouting through the closed door.

"I was on about JinJin!" I lied.

"I can also hear you." JinJin said.

I cursed under my breath, Jay laughing, as I opened the door to the office. I grinned sheepishly, putting on my cutest look.

As expected, JinJin did not crack under my batting eyelashes and pouting lips. Boss did, immediately cooing.

I smirked at JinJin, who was currently rolling his eyes at Boss' gushing. I sat on my bean bag, scrunching the fabric between my fingertips as Jay sat on the desk chair beside me.

"What's for today, Boss?" Jay asked.

"There's been a snake within the newbies. One of them has arranged a meetup with a rival gang leader, where he plans to spill every secret. Such as the code to the safe, where we are located and some of the assassin's names. Jeon, I don't know what you did, but he especially hates you." Boss groaned at the last part, "can you recall annoying any of them?"

"With all due respect, Boss, Jeon pisses everybody off." JinJin interrupted.

"Can't deny." I shrugged, laughing, "there was this one with white-blonde hair, and he'd dipdyed it red. I told him that he looked like a used tampon and he threw his knife at me."

"Why?"

"I guess he had the intention of hitting him." Jay shrugged.

"No, I meant why did you insult him?" Boss asked.

"He roasted my gun holster, saying it was for girls." I replied, "you know Rosa from Brooklyn Nine-Nine? She wears a holster on her torso, and that's what I had on. It's easier for when I have suits on."

"Since when were you a sitcom kinda guy?" Jay asked.

"It's Tae's favourite show." I said, "it's actually super good. When I was little, I wanted to be a police officer."